Xmas 6 Pack Reveiw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
My young bloke, who is all of 5 mnths old bought me a taste pack of world beers for Xmas. Some where rather interesting

Carlsburg Elephant Beer - Denmark

Very Bitter beer, and very strong at 7% dont think I would drink them everyday. 1 or 2 is OK

Monteiths Black Ale - New Zealand

I liked it. Had a definate ashy flavour , due to the use of black malt. About 5% and very drinkable if you like black Ale

Newcastle Brown Ale- Good Ole England

Newcastle Brown. The original one. Nice. Nuff said old chap

Kingfisher Lager- India

5%Smelt like VB but tasted very bland. The smell put me off

Budweiser- America

5%. This one suprised me a lot. It had no colour, no smell and no taste. it was boring but still interesting. Would not be hard to drink a carton of it before you realised that you where legless

Bravara - Brazil

Looked like VB, smelt like VB, tasted worse than VB

world_beers.JPG

Hey Duke,
The black would certainly be the shining star in that lot for my money :chug:
as for a couple of the others the fact that they come from the young fella with love would have made them taste great. :)

Stronger than death
Jayse

Montieths black is a swharzbier (lager). great drop. I did a partial swharzbier which I drank over christmas.

I was in Cairns just before x-mas and other than the 3 Leffe beers that I found, I picked up the world beers 6 pack, had a few different ones in it than the one pictured above....

Drank them all but one, nothing particularly memorable... :(

The one I didnt drink - Carlsberg Elephant - Putrid - poured it down the shitter.

Cheers,
Crispy

Bought a 6 pack of Monteiths Black today......Fantastic beer....

:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back