Wyeast Vs White Labs Liquid Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the responses, I'm nearing the end of a lager/pilsner trial same AG recipe just used the WLP850, WLP802 and Dry S189, to compare.70litres to drink!

Should be interesting.
Cheers
AC

Thanks for the responses, I'm nearing the end of a lager/pilsner trial same AG recipe just used the WLP850, WLP802 and Dry S189, to compare.70litres to drink!

Should be interesting.
Cheers
AC

Hey AC, how did the trial go?

Hi Jye,
I've just been waiting for a couple of kegs to run dry, so that can keg them. last night was the night so these will all be kegged, polyclared and filtered on the weekend. So hopefully these will be on tap shortly; I'm sure that Ross will want to come down for tasting and you're very welcome to come down; I'd really like to get a few poeples opinions.

Will let you know if I'm happy with the results on the weekend and organise a trip down to GC.
Cheers
AC

I lived and brewed in the USA for about four years before moving back here and the brewshop I used stocked both. Both worked fine, however, for me personally, I found the Whitelabs to be betters as I always made a starter. To simply crack the lid on the vial when it arrived by UPS and chuck it in my prepared/chilled starter mix was easy. With Wyeast, I had to wait an extra day or two whilst the pack swelled up before pitching into the starter.

Back here in Australia the place I get my stock from only has Wyeast or dried varieties, so I use both of those with success. Its just a change in the planning progress to time the weekend brew sessions.

Latest posts

Back