Wyeast Lambic Blend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm heading down the long path today.
Two 18L batches, one with the wyeast blend and one with 3522 which I will then add in some more brett from some orval dregs and maybe some other lambic dregs when I get my hands on them.

It will be a long wait I know but hopefully worth it :)

2 months on and there's definitely something happening...
The all 3278 blend definitely has the smell coming on. The other slightly less so but still looking good...
Only 8-10 months to go :(

lambic2611.jpg

Looks tremendously contaminated. :rolleyes: :icon_drool2:

Just put it somewhere you don't see it too often and the time will pass all right. And then make another batch. :)

Quick question, when making a lambic, when you have it stored in secondary, do you need to have it in a container with an airlock, or can you seal it off. Does the Brett produce gas etc that need to be vented?

It needs an airlock because there is a mixture of yeast and bacteria. The yeast never really stops working, it just slows down a lot. Keep an eye on the airlock to make sure it doesn't dry out. One of my lagers had this happen as I didn't check on it for about 6 weeks. It was awful. :icon_vomit: Terribly oxidised.

Latest posts

Back