Wyeast Brewman Pre-orders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steve, I'll get you to baby sit it until next week when I'm sure to be around to take delivery.

Great service man. Nothing like putting Wyeast into my fridge only 9 days old!
There's only one thing better and thats pitching Wyeast that aint even 10 days from manufacture on the other side of the planet.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Rob,

Yes seen that. No worries at all Rob, message me when you are back.

Cheers

Steve

Time to order Wyeast. Let me know if you want anything specific for your next brews.

Private collection is:

3942 PC Belgian Wheat
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae

Profile: Isolated from a small Belgian brewery, this strain produces beers with moderate esters and minimal phenolics. Apple, bubblegum and plum-like aromas blend nicely with malt and hops. This strain will finish dry with a hint of tartness.

Metric Temperature Range: 18-23 °C

3333-PC German Wheat
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae

Profile: A highly flocculent German wheat beer strain that is the perfect choice for use in Kristallweizen. This yeast strain produces a beautiful and delicate balance of banana esters and clove phenolics similar to the popular Wyeast 3068. However, this strain will sediment rapidly, resulting in bright beer without filtration. The balance can be manipulated towards ester production through increasing fermentation temperature, increasing the wort density, and decreasing the pitch rate. Over pitching can result in a near complete loss of banana character. Sulfur is commonly produced, but will dissipate with conditioning.

Metric Temperature Range: 17-24 °C

3191-PC Berliner Weisse Blend
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Brettanomyces, & Lactobacillus blend

Profile: This blend includes a German ale strain with low ester formation and a dry, crisp finish. The Lactobacillus included produces moderate levels of acidity, and the unique Brettanomyces strain imparts a critical earthy characteristic that is indicative of a true Berliner Weisse. When this blend is used, expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates.

Metric Temperature Range: 20-22 °C

Cheers
Steve

2105 would be good.

EDIT, just saw its a PC. Bugger!

Yeah that one hasn't been available for a while

Hey mate. What's the cost for postage express to Melbourne?

I'm tired if ordering yeast from local shops and then they phone me and tell me they don't have it 3 days later and offer something else!!

Hi Kadmium,

We have a few options, depends on the order.

With the yeast I normally just use Auspost express. See the dealz Page for prices. Most Yeast deliveries are around $15.

Give me a call and I can explain the options.

0490 116 025

Cheers
Steve

Ah that sounds great. I'd probably get some of the belgian wheat PC you have up there, and a good Kolsch yeast you might recommend?

The Kolsch I would recommend is the Wyeast 2565.

Shall I put you down for
3942 x 1, and
2565 x 1?

Cheers
Steve

Yes please! Out of interest, considering my last order from a local LHBS has been over a week, what's your thoughts on liquid yeast spending a week or more in transit?

I paid express postage, but Victoria is pretty smashed atm.

Yes please! Out of interest, considering my last order from a local LHBS has been over a week, what's your thoughts on liquid yeast spending a week or more in transit?

I paid express postage, but Victoria is pretty smashed atm.
A week in transit is not ideal, but not the worst time of year now either.

I would pack them in ice and ship them Express on a Monday. They should be fine delivered by Friday.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve

Could I please have:
1x 3942 PC Belgian Wheat
1x 1099 Whitbred
1x 2278 Czech

A week in transit is not ideal, but not the worst time of year now either.

I would pack them in ice and ship them Express on a Monday. They should be fine delivered by Friday.

Cheers
Steve
Yeah awesome. They had ice with them. Oh well, will do a starter and see how I turn out.

Maybe add in a London Ale III. I have imperial Dry Hop at the moment but feel like it's giving me hop burn.

So that's
Kolsch
PC
London Ale 3

Yeah awesome. They had ice with them. Oh well, will do a starter and see how I turn out.

Maybe add in a London Ale III. I have imperial Dry Hop at the moment but feel like it's giving me hop burn.

So that's
Kolsch
PC
London Ale 3
They should be OK.

Extra yeast noted.

Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back