Wy 1469

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosswill

Reaction score
I have been following the thread on the good Dr's TTL and decided to have a go at this one. The problem is, I am having difficulty sourcing the 1469 yeast that appears essential for this beer. I believe it is no longer in production.

So, the questions are:

1. Where can I get some? Does anyone know of a LHB shop that still has stock and accepts mail order?
  2. Does anyone have some spare slurry they can provide me?
  3. If I could convince a fellow HB'er to part with a bottle of their precious TTL, is there any reason I couldn't make a starter from it?
  4. If I strike out on the above, is Ringwood the closest substitute?

:( Why did 1469 have to be a special release? <_<

I got some from G&G in Melbourne a few weeks ago without any problem.

I have been following the thread on the good Dr's TTL and decided to have a go at this one. The problem is, I am having difficulty sourcing the 1469 yeast that appears essential for this beer. I believe it is no longer in production.

So, the questions are:

1. Where can I get some? Does anyone know of a LHB shop that still has stock and accepts mail order?
  2. Does anyone have some spare slurry they can provide me?
  3. If I could convince a fellow HB'er to part with a bottle of their precious TTL, is there any reason I couldn't make a starter from it?
  4. If I strike out on the above, is Ringwood the closest substitute?

or you can see if anyone in the yeast slant register has a slant theyre willing to part with.

I'm doing a Yorkshire Bitter with wyeast Ringwood next week. Ringwood is a highly flocculating yeast originally from the Hull Brewery in East Yorkshire and maybe more suited to the Eastern brews such as Sam Smiths, Batemans etc but I'll give it a go and report back.

At the Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers meeting last week there were 25 lots of a TTL clone being tasted, it was a batch from a microbrewery and 25 members took home a cube each and used a different yeast. IMHO the Ringwood one was spectacular with complex esters and flavours. With a bit of luck this yeast will fill the gap until 1468 gets released again whenever that is.

Can't wait :icon_cheers:

If you were willing to drive to Miranda i'd hook you up with some. I have about 300mls of slurry in my fridge.

I'm doing a Yorkshire Bitter with wyeast Ringwood next week. Ringwood is a highly flocculating yeast originally from the Hull Brewery in East Yorkshire and maybe more suited to the Eastern brews such as Sam Smiths, Batemans etc but I'll give it a go and report back.

At the Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers meeting last week there were 25 lots of a TTL clone being tasted, it was a batch from a microbrewery and 25 members took home a cube each and used a different yeast. IMHO the Ringwood one was spectacular with complex esters and flavours. With a bit of luck this yeast will fill the gap until 1468 gets released again whenever that is.

Can't wait :icon_cheers:

Nah I think the TTL 1469 was better :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Paul

WLP037 Yorkshire Square Ale Yeast

This is a White Labs Platinum release for Sept-Oct. Guessing it has the same source as 1469.

Latest posts

Back