• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTD Hop rhizome / plants Brisbane/Ipswich area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aster1

Reaction score
Just moved into new digs and now have room to grow my own hops so looking for any variety if you have some to sell in the Brisbane or Ipswich area or even the gold/sunshine coast!

How many are you after? I might be able to mail you some shoots and I probably won't charge you anything as I could stick a couple into an envelope pretty easy I think.

hoppy2B said:
How many are you after? I might be able to mail you some shoots and I probably won't charge you anything as I could stick a couple into an envelope pretty easy I think.
That would be ace, 3 or 4? Do shoots take well? Im assuming they would have to root first?

They would have some roots on them. I've had good results, and you could pot them up for a couple of weeks or put them straight into the ground.
Are there any particular varieties you would prefer? I have Victoria, Cascade, Golding, POR and Cluster with shoots which should be ready to go.
I should be able to do it on the weekend. Send me a PM with postal details and I'll get them off to you.

hoppy2B said:
They would have some roots on them. I've had good results, and you could pot them up for a couple of weeks or put them straight into the ground.
Are there any particular varieties you would prefer? I have Victoria, Cascade, Golding, POR and Cluster with shoots which should be ready to go.
I should be able to do it on the weekend. Send me a PM with postal details and I'll get them off to you.
POR and Victoria, Cheers!

PM Sent

OK, no worries. I'll try and put some photos up of the shoots on here as well so people can get some idea of how to propagate hops from shoots.

That is generous! I don't suppose I could persuade you to post me some cascade? I will pay for shipping of course. Sorry to hijack...

Ninegrain said:
That is generous! I don't suppose I could persuade you to post me some cascade? I will pay for shipping of course. Sorry to hijack...
Yes very thankful to hoppy2B, hope to repay the favor someday :)

Any chance I can get in on any ?
I'll pay postage I'll pick up
I'll pay?

It's the growing season try in about 4 months

Hi All,

Is it time to start growing hops? I'm keen to give it a go. Is anyone up for offering some rhizome samples? I'll obviously pay postage. I'm at Oxley, Brisbane 4076.

Cheers.

what varities work well in brisy? im assuming not all of them would?

If there are any hops heading to Brisbane I'd like to get on board too. PM me if there are any on offer.

Back