WTB: Stainless 30 litre Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be ok i guess. I definitely get an oil drum when the bulk buy goes ahead though

I also have a SS brewbucket and also had for nearly 2 years and also had no issue with the tap. A good soak in sodium perc, moving the tap from closed, to half open, to open during the soak.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if those olive oil drums have volume markings?

No they don't, well at least my 30 litre Aginox from winequip doesn't. I also have a mangrove jacks ss fermenter which I currently don't use. I don't find I miss the volume markings though. The only reason I don't use the MJ one is I have gone from bottling to kegging and the winequip tap is awesome and stock silicone hose and a hose clamp makes filling kegs easy. I haven't figured a good system for the MJ one yet and may have to change the tap. Or sell it and get another one from winequip!

Cool, thanks.

In regards to filling from your MJ fermenter, do the little plastic bottling wands fit in that tap snug? I'm using the Coopers plastic jobbies at the moment and I've tried two different methods to fill kegs:
  1. Cut an inch of the bottling wand and then slip your standard silicon or vinyl hose over that. Allows you to get a pretty good flow rate; or
  2. Cut an inch of bottling wand and then insert standard beer line hose inside that, with a disconnect on the other end. Much slower but allows you to purge the keg first and then fill from the dip tube. (How I do things now).

The wands fit pretty well, When bottling I used to put a few turns of teflon tape around the wand then jam it in which was fine. When trying to fill kegs I used a bit of a wand and clamped on some silicone hose and it was a bit heavy and didn't want to stay in the tap. It also seemed a bit slow and all in all I wasn't happy with it when the aginox one works so well.

Latest posts

Back