• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

wtb robobrew or grainfather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyt23

Reaction score
looking for a secondhand robobrew or grainfather, let me know if you have one you would like to get rid of, any generation is ok.

I was hell bent on the grainfather but I am seriously looking at the robobrew just want to see how it goes

I was hell bent on the grainfather but I am seriously looking at the robobrew just want to see how it goes
In the past I have asked the manufacturers of Guten if they were the manufacturers of Robobrew and Grainfather. They put their hand up for Grainfather but denied Robobrew. The last email I got from the manufacturers they aired their concerns about KegLand and KegKing dispute and looking at the Generation 3 of Robobrew it looks like they are the same manufacturer of the Guten.

In the past I have asked the manufacturers of Guten if they were the manufacturers of Robobrew and Grainfather. They put their hand up for Grainfather but denied Robobrew. The last email I got from the manufacturers they aired their concerns about KegLand and KegKing dispute and looking at the Generation 3 of Robobrew it looks like they are the same manufacturer of the Guten.
Do you have any idea when kegking might be selling the guten? You're a pretty strong advocate for the guten being superior to the robo (and maybe even GF) arent you?

I would say the Guten and the Grainfather were on an even keel but in monetary terms the Guten wins hands down. That was when we could order them ourselves, around $540 when I bought mine, which had the steps and the Grainfather didn't. Now they are being certified for Australia so they will not be that far away, prices I don't know, but they will be bringing in 50 and 35 litre models. But the Robobrew is good value, but KegLand a new starter are they going to go the distance.

I own a GUTEN and Grainfather, and the Grainfather is much better and thought out design wise and it's reflected in the price, the controllers great, the pump inlet is in a better position and you can use it to pump out post boil, GUTEN don't recommend using theirs over 80c (brau's won't engage the pump over 80c also) and it's not in the ideal location if you want to throw hops straight in, or want to avoid some of the protein that will break when it's cooling/steeping, the counter-flow chiller is great. You can get a few more points efficiency by pausing the mash and giving it stir and the top plate isn't so deep as the overflow is better designed. The online recipe stuff & mobile app for GF's is also a great feature.

iMake are champs with customer service.

Saying that - I do really like my 50L Guten and it works great too. I use it primarily for double batching into no-chill'd cubes. The build quality is good, they have plenty of units being sold in EU under a few brands like hopcat/klarenstin/ace etc., many people have made helix mods to filter trub which just works out of the box with a GF.

Robobrews.. well I know one guy on his 3rd replacement, tip one upside down and check out the quality, also reflected in the price.

I'd have no problem recommending the Guten or GF.

But also consider you can get a GF connect which comes with a counter-flow, doesn't really need a hop spider if you whirlpool properly, and an awesome controller for close to $1000 off the cheapest retailer on ebay with a 20% off store wide voucher when they come past from time to time.

Happy with my Robo V3 , 4 brews later and works a treat. I am going to look at the idea of adding the GF connect to it.

I'm pretty much sold on the grainfather but I am interested in the 50l version of the robobrew v3. I am not in a rush so I have plenty of time to decide.

Latest posts

Back