• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Liquid Dip Tube for Torpedo Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msydes

Reaction score
As title says... after liquid dip tube for torpedo keg.
The corny ones don't fit - needs to be straight... possibly like the firestone ones but I can't find any info online as to if there's another common one that'll work w/ the torpedo.

Does anyone know where to find them?

In other news, don't buy torpedo kegs. These things suck, really regret not just getting corny kegs from the start.

I've got the smallest torpedo keg (1 gallon) and it's worked well for me. Good luck with your dip tube search.

Some people are using the flexible/floating dip tubes that are designed for fermentasaurus on their normal kegs. I think they put a very short stainless dip tube, similar length to gas dip tube through and attach the flexible dip tube to that. Maybe that could solve your problem?

http://kegking.com.au/fermentasaurus-pressure-kit.html

Not sure if you can just buy the float and tube without the lid.

Hmmmm that's not a half bad idea... think I saw something from craftbrewer that was similar.

If I can't find a dip tube, might go this route!

In other news, don't buy torpedo kegs. These things suck, really regret not just getting corny kegs from the start.
Thanks for confirming this, I've been looking at these kegs but already had my doubts going by other reviews...

Out of interest, why?
I'm not about to buy any, but they look decent and the couple of reviews I've read are positive.
So merely for future reference, could you please elaborate on the troubles you've had for them?
Cheers [emoji4]

Out of interest, why?
I'm not about to buy any, but they look decent and the couple of reviews I've read are positive.
So merely for future reference, could you please elaborate on the troubles you've had for them?
Cheers [emoji4]

Hi
I have 5 of the smallest ones the 6 litre and I think they are great.
They stack well and if you get low profile disconnects can even stack them when connected. The lids can take a little getting used to but they do seal well and they are well made. I want to buy a few more but there are none to be had?

Why do you need a dip tube? They seem hard to break.

I have a 40 litre keg, several 19 litre cornies, several 9 litre AEBs, a 9 litre keg king and what I am told is a 9litre keg king without the label. They all work if cared for.

Oh I also have some 2 litre minikegs and they work but do give some trouble.

James
Zwitter

I've found they don't quite fit 19L, and the lid never gets a seal without blasting it w/ around 200kpa. No matter what lid / ring combination I try, always needs a big hit of pressure before it sets in place.

The dip tube breaking isn't the kegs fault so much as my own stupidity. I *think* I buggered it when I was screwing the post back on. Think was slightly askew and I just went for force over finesse, shearing off the flanged bit at the top.

Good to hear not everyone hates them, but I regret getting mine. Look way better, and I got mine for good price, but yeh... I personally would go cornys.

Latest posts

Back