• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: Gas bottle - Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walzo

Reaction score
Hi all,
chasing a co2 gas bottle. Thought I'd hit the jackpot when i found a 6kg on Gumtree but i was too late.

Would prefer a keg king exchanger but anything that can be exchanged or refilled will suit (pretty much covers everything really).

Or wait for Grain and Grape to have a sale, they usually have 2 a year and take 10-20% the retail price on most stock in store.

Cheers. Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone ever looked into the requirements for using a co2 fire extinguisher as a source? Does it need to be food grade, are the fittings different...?

Someone posted a Gumtree ad on here last night but can't find it now. The search function for the forum on the android app is a little buggy too so i couldn't find any posts about converting fire extinguishers.

Steel of the tank is different, and inline filter is a good idea, I used one for a while but have gone swap and go as it's just way less stuffing abou.. Still got one 1/4 full I think.

Yeah, I was looking around trying to find the cheapest option but i think I'll just bite the bullet and get a swap and go.

hi mate,i might be ale to help you out with a c02 fire extinguisher .

Thanks b-rad, think I'm going to go with a standard exchange cylinder. I move around Australia a bit so it'll make it a bit easier to move.

Back