• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Coopers Longneck Bottles In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanAU

Reaction score
I've binned most of the Coopers PET bottles that came with my starter kit (They just weren't 'right' for a number of reasons).

Now I'm looking to get my hands on about 90 crown seal longneck bottles in the Sydney area (I'm in Botany).

I'm not really sure what the going rate is, but I'd be more than happy to pay for them.

Anybody around Syd have ~90 of these they'd be happy to part with? Or offer suggestions on sources/prices for these?

Cheers,
Sean.

Any particular reason you want Coopers crown seal bottles besides using a hand capper?

Might be a better idea to invest in a proper bench bottle capper on ebay for about $50 then you can cap twist tops too.

They look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Homebrew-Bench-Moun...=item439ac2e09b

Seems like a lot of dough but if you're brewing for a litle bit it'll pay for itself VERY quickly :)

Happy brewing dude

Jez

Any particular reason you want Coopers crown seal bottles?

G'day Jez,

I'll be picking up a bench capper in the next couple of days when I head into the brew shop.

I thought of going with crowns because the glass is a apparently thicker and each bottle would probably last for more brews. I think I read somewhere on here today that the screwies don't stand up well to more than a couple of brews. Maybe I read wrong?

The screwies are definitely cheaper on ebay, though the crowns can be had cheaply sometimes too. I've seen auctions recently where people are paying over $1 per bottle for crown seals, which i reckon is crazy for used bottles!! Don't even start me on the swing-top prices I'm seeing.....

Cheers,
Sean.

I've seen auctions recently where people are paying over $1 per bottle for crown seals, which i reckon is crazy for used bottles!!

How much do you think someone is going to sell you Coopers long-necks for? You know these are widely considered to be just about the best bottle you can use, right?

How much do you think someone is going to sell you Coopers long-necks for? You know these are widely considered to be just about the best bottle you can use, right?

Looking at the ebay completed listings; which I've been cruising this afternoon as research, they're going for anywhere between 45c and $1.10+ per bottle.

The rough average is about 60-70c per bottle; at least in the last 90 days of sales. I'm more than happy to pay 60-70c per bottle.

I have some mate. I work in Camspie, but live on the South Coast.

They will come in crates and will be clean (well most should) as they have been stored in my shed.

Suggest a reasonable price for 100 (with milk crates) and they are yours. Pickup will have to be in the new year when im back to work. Say 3/4 Jan (shift worker). :D

How about champagne bottles ? You still need a bench capper and a larger bell and larger caps but they hold more pressure are just as easy to get hold of and are are made of thicker glass than even the coopers longnecks. I personally use both and have had no problems with either. Just another option you could look at.

Thanks under. PM sent.

And that's another good idea brocky, I'll keep my eye out on ebay for them too. There might be a few of them around cheaply on 1st Jan me thinks....

I picked up 6 cases (72) from a guy in Kilarnery Heights about 4 months back for $25.

He said his mate drinks only coopers green longnecks so If I ever needed let him know.

That makes about 35c per bottle or $35 bucks per 100, but what's the going rate for a milkcrate though?

Just get your girlfriend to have the girls around and get them to knock over a case or two of champers. easy.
I have found it easier to get champers bottles than longnecks sometimes.

All sorted now. Thanks under.

Ask and ye shall receive, how good is this place...

syd_03 I'd keep quiet about that one ;) sounds like you're onto a good thing...

Latest posts

Back