• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
Well I've been looking at Ebay for months now, and often get the picks from the weekend trader too, yet I still haven't picked up a decent chest freezer that I'll use as the basis for my bar, so I figure maybe someone here has one they want to offload for whatever reason.

Size wise I'm after at least 275L (ie the F&P one) as I want to be able to fit at least 6 cornies on the floor without a collar. Don't want anything bigger than say 360L.

Would prefer something newish, not because it needs to look nice, but because I want something dependable and most importantly as quiet as possible. I'm going to cover the complete outside with wood or corrugated iron so the cosmetics don't bother me at all.

I'm willing to pay good money. Brisbane or close enough (e.g. possibly Gold Coast or lower Sunshine coast).

I currently have a 220L F&P that's about two years old and in pretty good nick. If someone wants to downsize for some reason I'll be happy to do a trade + money. The 220L F&P I have is not the slimline one, it's the more square one. Fits 3 cornies + gas on the floor (but not 4 cornies unfortunately).

I'm willing to pay good money. Brisbane or close enough (e.g. possibly Gold Coast or lower Sunshine coast).

Is it worth buying a new one, adding a collar - so no holes are needed to be drilled through the unit.

This means you wont void the warranty on the unit.

2c.

Edit: This is a lifetime investment!

Should have mentioned, I already have a 4 tap T-bar flooded font that I'll be mounting to the lid, so would really rather not buy a new one. Plus new ones cost too much. If you think about it I'll be voiding warranty on day one and then covering the external panels as well. All brand new really gives is cosmetics and warranty, both don't matter in my circumstances. Would much rather a second hand (but not ancient) one.

Should have mentioned, I already have a 4 tap T-bar flooded font that I'll be mounting to the lid, so would really rather not buy a new one. Plus new ones cost too much. If you think about it I'll be voiding warranty on day one and then covering the external panels as well. All brand new really gives is cosmetics and warranty, both don't matter in my circumstances. Would much rather a second hand (but not ancient) one.
Try these guys for a factory second

http://www.phdrentals.com.au/factory-seconds-outlet.htm

http://www.qua.com.au/

Picked up a 275L F&P for under $400, only has a ding in the back corner, apart from that works perfect and still brand new. Less chance of it breaking down.

Cheers

Sully

I keep forgetting to give them a call Sully (until after hours). Shame they use trading post to list their stuff. Can you just rock up to the place in the valley and take a look?

Latest posts

Back