Wtb Brissy - 2 X 200l Plastic Drums

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im after a couple of 200L plastic drums for holding chilling water. There is a couple on ebay that Im watching but thought I would also check out if any of the locals have a couple you would like to get rid of, or know where they are readily available.

Cheers
Jye

Do you have a place around that deals in second-hand plastics and other scrap? A couple second-hand pickle barrels would fit the bill nicely and they're hell cheap because they stink.

If you know any chefs, kitchen hands ect. hit them up. I've scored 2 that used to hold olives (pickling drums as kai said) from a mate who's a dishie. I currently use them to keep rainwater for fish tanks, but you've got me thinking......

Jye, there is a bloke who frequents the Jimboomba markets with a truck full of plastic drums of all sizes..
from tiny 20litre drums up to 1000litre bulky bins.. all 2nd hand and reasonably priced...
Unfortunatly you just missed the markets were on last weekend..
another option is to try some produce stores, the local produce always has plastic drums for sale not sure how much and there range is limited.. but i'm sure you could get them brought in... they cut up the blue 200litre ones to make horse feed troughs.

otherwise i will keep an eye out...
Sqyre... ;)

Drum Services in Perth have second hand placcy ones for about $35 each (I don't know if they charge more for food grade). They are part of an Australian wide business with the Brissy details as follows:
Cheers
Doug

Brisbane
Building 4
356 Bilsen Road
Geebung QLD 4034

PO Box 454
Virginia QLD 4014

Phone: (07) 3265 4911
Fax: (07) 3265 4355
Email: [email protected]

David Bloomer State Manager

Jye, there is a bloke in Corinda who sells the blue 200L drums and also metal 44G drums with removable lids that are excellent for storing grain. he advertises in the weekend shopper every week..

cheers

Browndog

I bought 4 x 44 gallon plastic drums when I made wine

They previously had imported cherries in them - they didn't smell at all

Gave them a good clean any way though

I got them from Flemington fruit markets for $20 each

Is there an equivalent in brisbane?

Cheers

Hello Jye
You could try local car wash in your town they sometimes get the chemical in them also commercial laundry you need to know someone here though cos they get returnedfor refill, ( 200L blue plastic) Takes a lot to wash them out though

Randall.

Thanks for all the ideas guys but Sqyre came through and hooked me up with a couple :beer:

They are now clean and sitting in the garage waiting for the next brew.

My 2 got filled from near empty to full after today's rain. I may have to try this "chilling" thing I've heard so much about. Cheers for the idea. (even though it was sitting right in front of me for a year)

Latest posts

Back