• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Brisbane - complete keg setup.. or parts to make one.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db_dave

Reaction score
a mate of mine is getting back into brewing and I've convinced him to skip the bottling thing this time round. happy to clean it all up for him and replace lines and fittings, just trying to do it on the cheap. if we end up having to buy some new that's ok, but I suspect there's a bit floating around that someone will be wanting to get rid of.
So... will need, either in bits and pieces or if someone happens to have it all sitting in their garage annoying the better half - yay.
* a keg fridge (happy to scour gumtree but again, if someone happens to have it all.... ) and a temperature controller
* another fridge for fermenting... and a temperature controller
* 6kg co2
* regulator
* fittings
* taps (say 2-3 ) & shanks
* drip tray

happy to buy or swap for reasonable condition (serviced) 19L cornies...

what sort of ballpark figure are you looking for?

I'm moving overseas shortly and have a mate who is going to look after my gear, but I could be tempted to sell for the right price.

I have a dual gauge CO2 Comet regulator. New cartridge and diaphragm. You can have it for $50 + post if you like.

I know you can get a brand new Keg King regulator for similar price, but this Comet reg is not a toy.

what sort of ballpark figure are you looking for?

I'm moving overseas shortly and have a mate who is going to look after my gear, but I could be tempted to sell for the right price.
depends on what brands & condition it's all in.
I usually work on around half what I paid for when selling, if it's in good condition... except fridges - they seem to get good-willed around in my experience.. but we can negotiate a price if it's not in bad condition

so assuming the below is in really good condition, and same or equal brands, it'd be :- and it'd scale down from there.
- 6kg co2 is $220 new, so... $110 ? (assuming it's in the certification period and not a fire extinguisher.. although..........)
- perlick tap and shank kit is around $100 new.. so $50 ($150 for 3)
- micromatic reg is $90 new - so $45? keg king.. $20?
- temp controllers start at $30 and go into hundreds.. so who knows$$
- drip tray - $20 ?
box 'o' disconnects and equal t's and stuff... probably $30

so somewhere around $350-400?

or am I way off?

I have a dual gauge CO2 Comet regulator. New cartridge and diaphragm. You can have it for $50 + post if you like.

I know you can get a brand new Keg King regulator for similar price, but this Comet reg is not a toy.

nice one! an option is I could give him my mikromatic and buy that one for me :) will let you know when I have a few options to play with.

depends on what brands & condition it's all in.
I usually work on around half what I paid for when selling, if it's in good condition... except fridges - they seem to get good-willed around in my experience.. but we can negotiate a price if it's not in bad condition

so assuming the below is in really good condition, and same or equal brands, it'd be :- and it'd scale down from there.
- 6kg co2 is $220 new, so... $110 ? (assuming it's in the certification period and not a fire extinguisher.. although..........)
- perlick tap and shank kit is around $100 new.. so $50 ($150 for 3)
- micromatic reg is $90 new - so $45? keg king.. $20?
- temp controllers start at $30 and go into hundreds.. so who knows$$
- drip tray - $20 ?
box 'o' disconnects and equal t's and stuff... probably $30

so somewhere around $350-400?

or am I way off?

Mmmmm I honestly have no idea mate, but I'd probably want more for my complete setup. I'm only overseas until May 2018 as well, so I'm not desperate to offload it.

I was thinking:
- Fermenting Fridge + Inkbird controller: $80
- 215L Fisher and Paykel Keezer painted in black with pine collar and façade tiling (holds 4 kegs + gas bottle) + Inkbird controller: $120
- 2.6kg keg king CO2 bottle: $100
- Keg King regulator: $40
- 4-way Manifold: $20
- 3 x perlick flow control taps + shanks and JG fittings ($135 new): $80 each
- Disconnects (4 liquid + 4 gas) + all beer lines and clamps ready for use: $50

Judging by that, I would want at least $650 for my complete setup..... Would really have to think about it though because the replacement cost is much higher.

BKBrews If he doesn't want your fermenting fridge I would be keen on it , Mine has just died

BK, having built something similar recently I'd say that's a very fair price, especially the good fittings and perlicks. Replacement new cost would be close to a grand +.

Since you're in Brisbane, have you seen the deal from monkey tree? $1250 for a full setup which includes $410 of beer. Essentially making a brand new system only $840, plus you can get a few kegs instantly while you wait to make your own.

Mmmmm I honestly have no idea mate, but I'd probably want more for my complete setup. I'm only overseas until May 2018 as well, so I'm not desperate to offload it.

I was thinking:
- Fermenting Fridge + Inkbird controller: $80
- 215L Fisher and Paykel Keezer painted in black with pine collar and façade tiling (holds 4 kegs + gas bottle) + Inkbird controller: $120
- 2.6kg keg king CO2 bottle: $100
- Keg King regulator: $40
- 4-way Manifold: $20
- 3 x perlick flow control taps + shanks and JG fittings ($135 new): $80 each
- Disconnects (4 liquid + 4 gas) + all beer lines and clamps ready for use: $50

Judging by that, I would want at least $650 for my complete setup..... Would really have to think about it though because the replacement cost is much higher.

Had a chat to him - he'd be happy to pay that if you're happy to part way with it, let me know! I might put you in touch with him directly if you decide it's something you want to do.
we're both southside, holland park.
Being a keezer not a kegerator goes a long way in my book, as does the manifold and JG (very similar setup to mine)

Since you're in Brisbane, have you seen the deal from monkey tree? $1250 for a full setup which includes $410 of beer. Essentially making a brand new system only $840, plus you can get a few kegs instantly while you wait to make your own.
that's a pretty good deal, but I'd be interested to see what brands and quality of kit they're selling..
also is the beer any good there? never been to it, but maybe I should!

Similar quality to most micro breweries around. I'll be going half half between buying and brewing from now on i think until i get some good batches going.

Similar quality to most micro breweries around. I'll be going half half between buying and brewing from now on i think until i get some good batches going.
I just picked up a fresh wort kit from cannon hill homebrew that I've been told good things about - let you know how I go..
I don't always have time to drop an all-grain (2 year old consumes most of my free time)

Had a chat to him - he'd be happy to pay that if you're happy to part way with it, let me know! I might put you in touch with him directly if you decide it's something you want to do.
we're both southside, holland park.
Being a keezer not a kegerator goes a long way in my book, as does the manifold and JG (very similar setup to mine)

I'll have a think about it mate..... I don't leave until early October, so I'll put some thought into it. I have a mate who is happy to look after and store all of my stuff while I'm gone.

Is this sold ?

I am interested.

Latest posts

Back