• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: Bayou Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southcoastbrewer

Reaction score
Hey all,

anyone point me in the direction of where to buy Bayou burners here in aus buy themselves... ie no stand... Amazon is out... at 300 bucks for postage...

Cheers

Southcoast

As a side note, try to only buy stuff that's sold by and shipped by Amazon.com (will say it just below where it shows if it's in stock)
They have their own bulk shipping thing, much cheaper than buying through other companies on Amazon

southcoastbrewer said:
Hey all,

anyone point me in the direction of where to buy Bayou burners here in aus buy themselves... ie no stand... Amazon is out... at 300 bucks for postage...

Cheers

Southcoast
I know you don't want the stand but these ( 210,000 BTU with high pressure reg ) I'm pretty sure have twice the grunt of the Bayou.
I think BCF & places like that sell the companion crab cooker burner which is also similar to the Bayou. A bit rich @ $179.00 though.
The National Home Brew one @ $95.00 + reg would be hard to beat.

Crusty said:
I know you don't want the stand but these ( 210,000 BTU with high pressure reg ) I'm pretty sure have twice the grunt of the Bayou.
I think BCF & places like that sell the companion crab cooker burner which is also similar to the Bayou. A bit rich @ $179.00 though.
The National Home Brew one @ $95.00 + reg would be hard to beat.
Spot on the money of what i was looking for according to Amazon these are bayous, thanks Crusty... I can rip em off the stand, but there the ones i was after. To get these shipped from the US 3 of them is nearly 300 bucks just on shipping. Then the cost of the actual burners.. Finished my brew stand and did a dry run the mongolian burners are just way way to much

Why are you using 3?
Direct fired mash tun?
(HERMS/RIMS is superior...)

Just checked the link I provided you, total cost for 3 to me is $96.60
Have you tried pricing it up with that link?

Its a HERMS System, but having one under the mashtun is a way of quickly heating things up if i need to in an emergency.. IE the electric water element in the HERMS system fails...

The way i have my system i heat the HLT with gas bring it to my strike temp and then use the electric element to maintain the heat during the recirc... Each time i try your link Spork it takes me to the small one? :huh: :unsure:

Ill have a look again but each time i go to the shipping it tells me sure here you go.. USPS 300 bucks shipping

Off the Amazon site... FK that

Items (3):

AUD 126.57

Shipping & handling:

AUD 212.32

Total before tax:

AUD 338.89

Estimated tax to be collected:

AUD 0.00

Order total:

AUD 338.89

AHHHH, you're using the BT14 burner (the big ring one)
I'm going to guess you're building the Brutus 10?
What size batches are you doing?
from all accounts I've seen, the BT10 (the one I linked) is big enough for double or triple batches

Spork are they big enough to get the keggle going when its up to 50L??

I have decided on using a Mong on the kettle, but im still short the other 2...

The listing on Amazon says 150,000 btu's
The Companion megajet burner from BCF is rated at 104,000 btu's and I've heard of people doing 50L and larger batches with them

QLDKEV was using 2 in his vid to boil 105L so i guess itd have no problem at all... awesome...

Back