• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb Basic Home Brew Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_Greg

Reaction score
G'day
I am new to this forum and am very interested in starting to home brew. i Have 1 fermenter already (no airlock bubble thing) and i am after;

Another fermenter
plastic mixing spoon
air lock
hydrometer
tap
anything else u might think i need.

If u have a whole kit or just a single item feel free to PM.
many thanks, Jared

Just go to Big W and get a Coopers kit for $65 at the moment.

Comes with that and everything you need for your first brew.

Just throw out the brewing sugar that comes with it and replace it with Coopers Brew Enhancer 2, for a decent first result and your set.

G'day
I am new to this forum and am very interested in starting to home brew. i Have 1 fermenter already (no airlock bubble thing) and i am after;

Another fermenter
plastic mixing spoon
air lock
hydrometer
tap
anything else u might think i need.

If u have a whole kit or just a single item feel free to PM.
many thanks, Jared

Jared,

Update your details with your location.
That will make it easier for anyone wishing to help you with stuff like this.
Cheers.

ok i updated my profile, the thing is i dont know of any home brew places around here and the closest big W is in canberra..lol
cheers, Jared

I'm not sure what shops you have there, but here's some ideas

Fermenter - Plastics Plus 25litre around $25

Taps - Bunnings about $3 each

Airlock - piece of plastic tubing pushed through a hole in the lid of the fermenter with the other end in a jar of water (called a blow-off tube) This can double as a syphon/racking tube.

You can get some things online at the various home brew shops. Apply a bit of thought to what you are buying and you will avoid expensive traps.

G'day Jared - welcome to the forum...
Do you get to visit Canberra much? If you do, then you should grab some gear as other posters have advised, and make sure that you pay a visit to Brew Your Own At Home in Kambah Village - Colin Marshall is the HBS guy and he's only too happy to get you up and running with everything you need....no affiliation yada yada.

Cheers,
TL

"Man knnte froh sein, wenn die Luft so rein wre wie das Bier"

Ich wnsche, da mein Bier so klar wie Luft war!!!

Cheers,
TL

Stoppen, auf Deutsch zu sprechen, ich mssen Google verwenden, um es zu bersetzen!

For those of you that missed it, the first one is "if only the air was as pure as the beer" and then "if only my beer was as clear as air"

Jared,

I'ts been many years since I left Tura but I think Woollies in Bega would have a range of home brew stuff.

daniel

Hi Jared,

If the fermeter you have is old, I would suggest you pick up a complete kit.

If you are just starting out you want everything going for you and too many inherit old gear that is scratched up etc and it wont do you any favours.

There are tons of brew shops that mail order

Cheers

I noticed that Aldi has a brigalow kit on this week - I dont know your nearest store ?

Other thing you could try is Ebay for various things also Country Brewer & Home brew shop (peakhurst) do mail order for less than $10 I think !

happy brewing

Jared,

I'ts been many years since I left Tura but I think Woollies in Bega would have a range of home brew stuff.

daniel

And if they don't then K-Mart at Batemans Bay definately does.

Any country Target store should be able to get one in for you as well.

Festa.

Latest posts

Back