Wtb: Barley Crusher Hopper (hopper Only)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincleanoff

Kings Cross Brewery
Reaction score
I lost the hopper for my Barley Crusher when I moved house a few years ago... I was using a converted hopper... now I want the original back..

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have one available?

Some Ally sheet, tin snips, a drill bit and a few pop rivets and you'd have one pretty close to the original. :)

Sorry can't help you out mine is definitely used :)

bumpy... really hoping someone has a spare one of these
Cut & paste the following and send it to: [email protected]

"Hi,
I lost the hopper for my Barley Crusher when I moved house a few years ago... I was using a converted hopper... now I want the original back.
It's a terrific mill thats served me well, the quality of the workmanship is outstanding. You don't list the hoppers for sale separately on your on-line store but please.... please.... please, is there any way I could order a replacement 7 or 15lb one off you? Or even if its possible that I if find someone over here in Australia who is going to buy a complete mill off you, that you could add an extra hopper to their order that I could arrange to collect off them?"

If you want you could also add the following to gain a little sympathy for your quest:

PS. I'm a useless f@#k at DIY projects so making my own isn't an option. The replacement hopper I had made out of cardboard after losing the original was clued together with liberal quantities of goobies & snot. Unfortunately for me it gave up the ghost & disintegrated catastrophically at the most inopportune time one brew-day while chock full of premium German Organic grain. Its contents exploded all over the floor as the neighbors cat came charging through my brew shed with my Teacup Chihuahua "Blossom' hot on its tail. Terrified for its life it began spraying urine all over the freshly spillt grain. I immediately grabbed a dustpan & broom to quickly try & save my precious grain & give it a quick wash, but the dam cat threw a u-turn when it hit the back of the shed & headed back my way. This gave Blossom the time she needed to mount a serious attack & she instantly locked onto its tail. This resulted in the cat reaching a new level of panic & while screaming in terror it then started squirting diarrhea all over the grain & dragging Blossom along for the ride as it disappeared through the front of the shed.

At this point I completely lost my head & started feverishly sweeping the contaminated grain into a pile, scooped it up & then threw it into the washing machine at the back of the shed on a hot rinse cycle. At this point my wife attracted by all the commotion came out to the shed & seeing what I was up to grabbed my cordless Black & Decker 1/2" Drill (which I use to power the fantastic BC Mill) & hurled it with all the strength & accuracy of a Pro American League Football Quarterback smack into the middle of my forehead 8 metres away!!! I then myself hit the ground like a sack of cat shit & woke up 3 hours later in the emergency ward of the local hospital.

Since this eventful day my wife has forbid me to brew unless I have a proper store bought American quality hopper. Since I have now completely paid off the new washing machine I had to buy my wife, I am now once again in the market to purchase one of your fine hoppers if you can swing a deal for me. As an update I would also like to inform you that my other two f&*$#@g neighbors have also purchased cats since this horrific incident, throwing me further at your mercy, please help me!

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps :icon_cheers:

Hi,
I've decided to pursue the matter further myself Captain & will see what their response is. I can't believe they wouldn't want a sale the way their economy is in the toilet!
I'll keep you informed. Cheers
Did you get a hopper set up yet captaincleanoff? If you still need one let me know & I'll email you some good news. I'm just heading out to work for the day so it will be later today before I can give you the info.

Latest posts

Back