• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Bar fridge/fermentation fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muz

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a bar fridge that would fit a 56cm tall carboy (6 gallon) with enough room for an air lock or blow off tubing. I'm trying to get one under 1 meter tall as it needs to go in a small apartment. I'm in inner city Melbourne and am happy to pick up from anywhere within 80k of the CBD.

Muz

I did see that one. I hoped to get one second hand for about a third of the price but I'm just not seeing anything I'm sure the carboy will fit in. They all have freezers taking up a good chunk of space at the top and it's hard to see through gumtree and ebay if they're removable.

I've been looking for the 130l westinghouse bar fridges as they have no freezer section.

I've been looking for the 130l westinghouse bar fridges as they have no freezer section.
Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if any fridges that size came without a freezer.

I have that Westinghouse fridge and it's great if you can get one. I can measure the internals if you like, to see if your carboy will fit?

I have that Westinghouse fridge and it's great if you can get one. I can measure the internals if you like, to see if your carboy will fit?
That would be awesome. Thanks so much. It should fit as 56cm is pretty small.

Thanks all for your help - particularly putting me on to the Westinghouse 130L with no freezer. I just purchased one off ebay for $70. A little more than I wanted to pay but not too bad.

That would be awesome. Thanks so much. It should fit as 56cm is pretty small.
Sorry, just got home from work and measured it. From the top of the hump to roof is 53cm. I fit the regular Bunnings fermenters in there ok, as well as the ss olive oil drums, your carboy must be a bit taller. If you can't make it work, they do make good kegerators. Will fit 2 and a half kegs.

Sorry, just have to brag. There was a "free to good home" fridge at KK last week and one of the refrigeration guys at work assures me he will have no problem fixing the leak, plus I am confident the boss won't charge me for the gas after this week.
So the best kegerator fridge - a free one!
Otherwise I was going to fit an STC1000 to a $250 145l freezer.

Sorry, just have to brag. There was a "free to good home" fridge at KK last week and one of the refrigeration guys at work assures me he will have no problem fixing the leak, plus I am confident the boss won't charge me for the gas after this week.
So the best kegerator fridge - a free one!
Otherwise I was going to fit an STC1000 to a $250 145l freezer.

What kind of fridge was it

Latest posts

Back