Worthogs - Pale Ale Mania 2012?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What am I doing wrong that I can't find the results?

Results page only has british ale results
Pale ale mania page has 2011 results
Nothing on the documents page

???

I dont want to name drop, but i know John Fraser, hahaha congrats on ANOTHER!!! first place on that beer, now i dont feel so bad for scoring it a 48 on our club comp night, it really was a cracking beer!!!

What am I doing wrong that I can't find the results?

Results page only has british ale results
Pale ale mania page has 2011 results
Nothing on the documents page

???

press refresh when you are on the results page

Well done John from Corio Bay Brewers on an excellent beer. I reckon that APA needs to be on the RecipeDB!

good job for the winners and place getters, cant wait for the recipes
in the amercian. :beer:

Thanks...

I wish I never asked...15 / 50

I think I preferred the blissful ignorance of thinking I could make a reasonable beer.

Oh well, a long as I get some feed back maybe next time I can shoot for the sky and aim for 20 points haha

Best I got was a 5th in UK pale. You beat me in APAs and my IPA (same beer as the APA and never really an IPA) did nicht so gut.

I told you we should bar Hoser from entering comps. Let's steal his bag.

Well done to Hoser, yum yum yum, Fraser John, Shaun R.

That's all the AHB users I can work out who placed but I don't know everyone's username. Well done to others as well.

Thanks Manticle. I've always been a huge fan of your English Pale Ale. Good score and good showing.

Had a 5th place with an AIPA. Same beer scored worst at 14.5 in APA. I bottled them both the night before. Not sure if that's fast enough for a contamination to work through but who knows? Or alternatively I had actually had several beers when I finally got round to bottling. I bottled ESB and Porter at same time. Wonder if I labeled one of those as APA in error?

Congrats on results all.

Cheers,
Hoser

BIAB makes bad beer!!!

Ouch...that wasn't even close to fence sitting. Im glad you weren't trying to offend.

That's ok I'm going to stop feeling sorry for myself and drown my sorrows in my home brewed cats piss.

I think people shouldn't get discouraged about the results
Cause its about brewing to STYLE ,witch means your beer isn't
Bad its just not accurate to the style.
I know mine was the best beer in the world but not to style.
:p

Thanks Manticle. I've always been a huge fan of your English Pale Ale. Good score and good showing.

Had a 5th place with an AIPA. Same beer scored worst at 14.5 in APA. I bottled them both the night before. Not sure if that's fast enough for a contamination to work through but who knows? Or alternatively I had actually had several beers when I finally got round to bottling. I bottled ESB and Porter at same time. Wonder if I labeled one of those as APA in error?

Congrats on results all.

Cheers,
Hoser

we killed your tri-centennial the night before or was that in the comp as well, as that was a 42 pointer AIPA ? I put 1 beer in I thought was ok, the other 3 I knew weren't :), but it was a black AIPA, and I had all sorts of trouble with my CPBF on the morning.

I dont want to name drop, but i know John Fraser, hahaha congrats on ANOTHER!!! first place on that beer, now i dont feel so bad for scoring it a 48 on our club comp night, it really was a cracking beer!!!

Recipe...? :ph34r:

Something that gets many-a medal must be the nectar of the gods

Recipe...? :ph34r:

Something that gets many-a medal must be the nectar of the gods

Can be found here in a previous post under Corio Bay Brewers

There are a few notes missing from the recipe, but they are more to do with water chemistry/pitching etc. I'll make sure all of those are available to Wort Hogs for their recipe PDF when the time comes.

There are a few notes missing from the recipe, but they are more to do with water chemistry/pitching etc. I'll make sure all of those are available to Wort Hogs for their recipe PDF when the time comes.
Congratulations, and very generous of you to share your recipe so openly.

A question regarding the salt additions in your mash, are the units in table-spoons (tbsp) as your recipe suggests, or should that be tea-spoons (tsp)?

Every other brewer I've seen using MgSO4 has used a 1/4 tea-spoon. If you are using table-spoons, I might need to re-evaluate my own salt additions.

Cheers.

Yes, thank you for sharing the recipe with the rest of the community.

Greatly appreciated :icon_cheers:

One thing though was that I was unable to open it and received a board message instead?

I'm assuming you didn't have this same problem, WarmBeer?

One thing though was that I was unable to open it and received a board message instead?

I'm assuming you didn't have this same problem, WarmBeer?
Correct, I didn't have any problems.

I don't think the "club" sub-forums are locked down in any way, and beside, I'm in a totally different brew club.

gratz,

those hops look delicious.

Latest posts

Back