Wortgames - Alive And Well And Living In Williamstown

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi everyone, apologies yet again for another lengthy absence but it's been a mad mad time in the WortGames household for the last few months.

Long story short, the good lady and I are moving to a great place in Williamstown, it has a decent sized workshop in the back yard and I have the brewery all planned out.

We have been checking out a few of the local pubs, and whilst I haven't found any real ale there seems to be plenty of decent establishments with things like Guinness and Coopers on tap - which is better than a poke in the eye with a pointy Carlton which is all I get around here.

So if anyone can shed any light on local issues like water quality and watering holes that would be much appreciated - and any local brewers that fancy getting together for the occasional play date please feel free to PM me!

(BTW, don't ask about the conicals - they are gathering dust but not forgotten...)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Victoria Williamstown, South Australian Williamstown or Western Australia Williamstown?
Narrow it down a little :p

Hi everyone, apologies yet again for another lengthy absence but it's been a mad mad time in the WortGames household for the last few months.

Long story short, the good lady and I are moving to a great place in Williamstown, it has a decent sized workshop in the back yard and I have the brewery all planned out.

We have been checking out a few of the local pubs, and whilst I haven't found any real ale there seems to be plenty of decent establishments with things like Guinness and Coopers on tap - which is better than a poke in the eye with a pointy Carlton which is all I get around here.

So if anyone can shed any light on local issues like water quality and watering holes that would be much appreciated - and any local brewers that fancy getting together for the occasional play date please feel free to PM me!

(BTW, don't ask about the conicals - they are gathering dust but not forgotten...)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

and about time Wortgames, we can finally catch up for them beers :beerbang:

Rook

Good to hear everything's well, I've been wondering where you'd got to.

That is *almost* within walking distance of a little-known brewing supply shop, I believe...

Victoria Williamstown, South Australian Williamstown or Western Australia Williamstown?
Narrow it down a little :p

Don't forget Williamstown west of Sydney -- then gain, maybe better off forgotten !

If they offer you bulk water from Werribee, pass on it!

Apologies in advance for my being vague, but there's a bottle shop in Williamstown that specializes in Belgian Beers. I can't remember the exact story, but the father and son team (owners) either lived in Belgium for a good while, or travel there regularly. Either way, it's their favorite style and they've got some mighty fine beers on offering, including a monster bottle of Duvel (tho, it's likely not for sale).

I believe it's on Ferguson Street right hand side, heading in the direction of The Strand about 2 blocks up. I wasn't able to find a website via google, so can't be more specific but you should be able to spot it no probs.

Have fun setting up the new brewery and good luck in your new house!

reVox

It's Williamstown VIC btw, sorry about that.

I haven't got a clue where Williamstown's water comes from, hopefully it's not too bad. Haven't had a chance to taste it yet though, we can't actually move in for a couple more weeks but I'm itching to get the brewery up and running again.

There are some lovely pubs around, and for the first time in years I've actually got a 'local' within staggering distance, and it's a funky little place with good food and Coopers on tap, so I'm all excited like a big kid...

I'll definitely try and catch up with the Northern burbs guys in the next couple of weeks, we've been talking about it for so long and I've still got some Herlisil here for Murray and Mark :beer:

Good old willy eh.

Got a boat or a rod? round the back of willamstown football field...massive flathead, pinkies and squid!

Back