Worst Brewing Disaster. Ever!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats JOHNO, i see why u only work with 23 litres at a time now.

I wonder if it tasted better with Caustic? Could have been a new seasonal beer, kill the taste buds then drink CUB to your hearts content.

Top work Johnno, and don't feel bad think of how many tastebuds you were saving from that beer.

Cheers, Justin

I'm crying.
Crying because it is funny not that CUB lost 40000 litres of beer :D

Doc

That is a terrible disaster! I would be traumatised for years after having to swim through CUB beer.

Johnno

I think you deserve a prize for that..........

What say you all!

Johnno definitely deserves a prize! :lol:

On another note, we all now know why VB tastes like it does and gives such bad hangovers... Caustic!

Shawn.

Gotta agree with everyone else Johnno

You win !!! :lol: :lol:

Definite winner. But, I'm not sure I would call it a brewing disaster...... More of a success as that was 40,000 litres less that CUB could unleash on the public.......

:chug:

Hopeye said:
Definite winner. But, I'm not sure I would call it a brewing disaster...... More of a success as that was 40,000 litres less that CUB could unleash on the public.......

Don't forget what was in the half-full 4,000,000L tank!

Murray said:
Yeah, I guess there's the environmental damage to be considered. That much poison being dumped and all.........

Murray said:
Hopeye said:

Reckon they closed the new living national treasures list too early. Johnno should be on - for services to brewmanity!

I managed to succeed in spraying the majority of the kitchen this morning.
I was using my counter pressure bottle filler to fill some bottles for the Bathurst comp and on the first bottle I had the gas pressure a little too high.
All of a sudden there is a fountain of beer all over me, the kitchen roof, the floor, up the windows, all throughout my keg fridge.
So I'm standing there muttering under my breath trying to see through my glasses when the wife comes in.
Takes one look at the floor the windows and me and says my god my kitchen smells like a brewery. Phew, that was close. Thanks thats a compliment I said.
The following 4 bottles all filled fine.
Think I have the knack of using the CPBF now :D
Not too good at washing floors though :rolleyes:

Beers,
Doc

Wow Johnno

40,000 l lost in the first lot.
Half a 4000 kL tank in the second lot = 2,000,000l

Total 2,040,000 l

At a retail value of say $3/l, YOU ARE the six million dollar man!

Prizeworthy indeed.

johnno said:
Later we estimated that about 40 to 50,000 litres had been lost.
But thats not all folks.
Next monday they discovered that I had left a holding tank open that was approximately half full. These were the new 4000 kilolitre tanks. I had run the caustic soda into this tank. Yes I screwd up a lot of beer.
oops better rectify that. they were the new 400 kilolitre tanks. About 5-6 storeys high.
Its been a while now.

cheers

Johnno that is awesome!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have kicked the tap of a fermenter just before bottling - beer ran from the laundry into the carpeted family room,
have steeped grain in a pot, moved the pot, burned hands and dropped the pot - beer throughout the kitchen,
and Doc I feel for you, I borrowed a CPBF, filled the bottle but forgot to release the pressure in the bottle. When I whipped off the rubber bung I had one hell of a gusher. Fountain of beer in the rumpus room - luckily it was tiled.

Hoops

Good work Johnno - but it begs the question; what did you do before you left ......?

did you torch the joint or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've really had a lot of laughs to the responses. I wasnt sure if i wanted to come clean and confess but what the heck, I feel better for it.

Goat as you can imagine they really got on my back and gave me the crappiest job in the brewing dept after that. The shift work was driving me nuts as well so I left not long after.

cheers

Latest posts

Back