Worlds Hoppiest Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh sorry, did you think I was serious? :D
Some folks seem to think that beers should be balanced (and I have seen some whinge about it discuss it in the strongest of tones). Therefore my comment was a pisstake.
I'm confused. You just invented double sarcasm.

I'm confused. You just invented double sarcasm.

Oh really is that true?
Thought I had to explain since you're so sensitive and all. :p

Damm I have done it again!
@big monkey - Maybe it's Imperial now? :p

Oi' this is a beer forum so it should be classed 2Sarcasm or a Sarcasm Triple. :huh:
a-ah... Sarcasm Tripel

FFS... well beaten damn you iPhone and fat fingers!!!

Seriously? That took me 10mins to type that!

I tasted a beer that was made with 190g of hops in a 23 lt batch and it was awful. The club member who made it had tonnes of hops that where getting old and he wanted to get rid of them so hence the experiment. He was not chasing IBU as much of it was at 10 and 0 min. Still was a shocker. I was good to learn what seriously over hopped meant.

I tasted a beer that was made with 190g of hops in a 23 lt batch and it was awful. The club member who made it had tonnes of hops that where getting old and he wanted to get rid of them so hence the experiment.

Sorry, but this just reflects poorly on the brewer in question's ability to create a good beer. I know plenty of brewers who put generous quantities of hops into a beer, not that '190g in 23L' is much to go by; if it's 190g of a 4% AA hop, then meh, but if it's 190g of Topaz or Super Alpha then yeah, your cheeks might pucker a bit....

Agreed, the amount of hops you add to a brew should make it undrinkable. not that I'm an expert brewer or anything but My IIPA took 3rd @ Vicbrew last year & from memory it has about 170g in it (can check if you like?). The smoth bitterness and nice oily coating in the mouth left me burping hop bubbles for hours :D . All with fresh pellets, keep the old ones for Lambics

Edited, because I don't need any extra help to look like a dumb f**k so I though I'd better fix this

Agreed, the amount of hops you add to a brew should not make it undrinkable. not that I'm an expert brewer or anything but My IIPA took 3rd @ Vicbrew last year & from memory it has about 170g in it (can check if you like?). The smoth bitterness and nice oily coating in the mouth left me burping hop bubbles for hours :D . All with fresh pellets, keep the old ones for Lambics

Oi' this is a beer forum so it should be classed 2Sarcasm or a Sarcasm Triple. :huh:

You can't make a Sarcasm Tripel....

It's the lowest form of Wit

(Edit: Because I'm sure there are people out there who would be tempted to jump on this. I am indeed aware that it isn't really, and that this quote, although many have heard it is believed not to have been correctly attributed to anyone, but really, I just couldn't pass up a beer pun)

I tasted a beer that was made with 190g of hops in a 23 lt batch and it was awful. The club member who made it had tonnes of hops that where getting old and he wanted to get rid of them so hence the experiment. He was not chasing IBU as much of it was at 10 and 0 min. Still was a shocker. I was good to learn what seriously over hopped meant.

I'm planning an IPA using a 500g combo of Galaxy and Cascade...
Also have made beers with 270g of hops that turned out really nice..
Maybe the brewer stuffed it, and not the hops...

Back