Working With A Speidel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goom

Reaction score
I just bought a Speidel with a friend and now we are looking voor recipes from someone who already is working with a Speidel.
Also we are anxious to know some important informacion fot brewing with it.

Hiya, i've done about 10 brews on a 50l braumeister. I've no doubt there's people more experienced in using one than myself, but i'm happy to offer some guidance if i can. What's your questions?

If you are anxious using your Braumeister or worried that you might do something wrong your first port of call should be reading the detailed manual that it came with from cover to cover.
You can also download it from the speidel website in various languages if that makes it easier for you (I assume english might not be your first language).

There are also some recipe ideas on the website, also admittedly they are a bit vague.

Depending and what kind of beer you like to brew I or others could help you out with a first recipe, there are a few Braumeister users here on the forums.

So, if you got any specific questions, just post them here and we'll be happy to help.

I just bought BM20L, on user menu shows min fuse protection:10amps, but they didn't tell me what is max fuse protection, my breaker is 20amps, I don't know if this will works or not. Please help!

Flying Panda said:
I just bought BM20L, on user menu shows min fuse protection:10amps, but they didn't tell me what is max fuse protection, my breaker is 20amps, I don't know if this will works or not. Please help!
That should be fine, the circuit breaker protects the cabling installed in your house not the device you're plugging in.

Thanks for the fast help, But when I talk with electrician, he told me if the min protection 10amps, it should use 15amps breaker, or find out from Speidels what is max, if its' between 15-20amps, then my 20amps breaker is ok. And I already email to Speidels, not reply yet.

The minimum protection device ie fuse mcb must be 10Amp. All GPO switches are rated at 10Amp breaking current, hence a lot of house hold devices have a 2400W maximum power rating to not exceed the GPO switch rating.
You can use a 100Amp mcb if you want.

Back