Woolworths Canning The Cans?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine that if Coles and Woolies have stopped stocking Coopers it would be for the same reason they have dropped some very good brands of other products. ie. They put the heavies on the company to package their product in the "Fresh" or "Coles" or "Black and Gold" brand or whatever, and sell it to them for a discount. The companies refuses to do so saying that they will only package their product under their own brand so the duopoly drop the product from the stock in retaliation.

Bordering on illegal but could you see our Government pulling either of them on?

this same story gets a run every few months..... sometimes with Coles ... sometimes with Woolies.

This story ran a couple of months ago when coles dropped home brew gear, now there's a new thread because woolies have dropped home brew gear.

I do my best to avoid either of them & if neither of them have home brew gear then that means it's less likely that I'll go to either shop.

The Woolies I work in (a small semi-rural one) and the two I do my food shopping in (large metro ones) still stock the coopers cans.

I work at a woolies store here in melbourne and notcies the clearence of everything that has to do with brew on clearence. i bought all the stouts that where left for $6.23 each and one tooheys lager and 2 coopers lager. I dont know but woolise also has there own brande of draught which maybe they will stop bringing in.

it doesn't seem that Big w are going to stop because they dont have any cleance going on. i hope they don't stop because it will make it harder for me to do my own. there is not many home brew shops around here in melbourne. i mean their is but not that close to home.

My local Woolies has revamped the food section and has still got homebrew they got some Coopers Dark Ale cans but nothing on clearance boo. Would have scooped them up.

My local Coles in NSW dropped all brewing supplies a couple of months ago. I took 10 cans of cheap and cheerful at $5 each that I am using as LME with branded cans from LHBS. Annoying, as they used to run specials saving a couple of bucks on Coopers every now and again, and the crown seals were cheaper for a pack of 100 than the LHBS charges in 1000s.
Luckily, there is still a shelf of gear in the Kmart nearby.

My local Woolworths has had the cans of goo on sale for the huge discount of $0.20 per can & $0.18 per box of BE1 for the last 2 weeks. I'm guessing the tickets advertising the sale cost more than that to print up. :blink:

I spoke to a bloke in Big W who was stocking the K&K's not sure who for, I got the impression it was a third party and he did'nt really say anything about discontinuing, he was interested in what other HB products I thought should be on the shelvs .But I know Coles has been on and off with their HB untill every brewer complains...Quite a few.
But I am going to try and get off my arse and go to a LHBS more often, screw the Big two.

my local woolworths have completely run out..will have look further out to see what other stores have

woolies highpoint clearing out kits stout and dark ale for $6.30 and carb drops for $1.70.. Also has anyone brewed with tootheys the also had them cheap.. Are the any good?

Back