WLP862 - Cry Havoc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
From White labs

Link

Seems like a great all round yeast, some or the customer reviews are simply astonishing..

“... would make Charlie proud”
By: Tony V | Date: Dec., 5th 2012 | Beer(s) Brewed: Double IPA
With 100% pale malt grist mashed@148f for 90min and lots of fine citrusy American Hops Cry Havoc was able to create an excellent I2pa that achieved 80% apparent attenuation! Hop bitterness and flavor came through well, but was balanced with a pleasant fruitiness. Give this yeast extra time to do its job and you will be rewarded with a beer that would make Charlie proud!!

etc, etc, Ive read quite a lot of the reviews before I purchased some, looking forward to having this in the bank..

So... many... yeasts... so.. little... time... :ph34r:

Fwiw, it's a slow seller.

Reads like a jack of all trades, master of none.
But truth be told, I haven't used it personally.

I used it once. Jack/master analogy rang true. So many factors that can lead to an uninspiring beer, but I think this was one.

Mr. No-Tip said:
I used it once. Jack/master analogy rang true. So many factors that can lead to an uninspiring beer, but I think this was one.
What did you use it on?

Yob said:
What did you use it on?
Low hopped pale, double batch split with San Diego super doing the other half...IIRC...it was a while ago.

Now San Diego, on the other hand... LOVE this yeast for American Ales!

Sorry for the OT.

Mr. No-Tip said:
Low hopped pale, double batch split with San Diego super doing the other half...IIRC...it was a while ago.
I'll be throwing it at a dank IIPA and going to ferment low and long, not in a hurry for it so thought I'd have a crack.

While we're going OT, Greenbelt and 1217 are my current favourites.

Back