Wiring A Fridgemate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you were to buy a fridgemate, would this document help?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Indifferent

• Total voters
I have just installed a Fridgemate following the excellent instructions in this thread - all very easy, thanks to everyone who contributed here. Now I can brew through summer - even lager (like I can be bothered waiting for lager).

I also feel I should compliment Mashmasters (http://www.mashmaster.com/p/365439/fridgemate-mkii-digital-temperature-controller-kit.html) for very speedy delivery and inclusion of a free bottle opener.

Without doubt the most difficult thing was cutting the hole in the enclosure box; I used a drill (many holes), junior hacksaw and a file.

Thanks fraser_john - just put my Fridgemate from CraftBrewer together. Tutorial was excellent :beerbang:

Does the box need to allow for the unit to keep cool?

Can the box be completely sealed? Or will that result in the unit overheating or a relay popping?

Instead of fiddling around with plugs and sockets and wires, just buy a cheap extension cord and cut through the cable closeish to the socket end and strip back the (now) two sets of wires for termination in the fridgemate. Otherwise a very good guide.

So what happens if you have a fridge that also has a freezer?

It only has one power chord..If I bumped the fridgemate to 18 deg will the freezer stuff melt?

yes unfortunatly unless you have one of those rare fridges with 2 power cords, (one for the freezer, and one for the fridge) the freezer potion will be switched on and off at exactly the same time as the fridge. Fridgemate works essentially by switching the mains power on and off.

Back