Wiring A Computer Fan

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting way too complicated. The yellow wire is for connection to an alarm should the fan stop, if required depending on the application, so it is an rpm monitor kind of, you don't need it Batz. Next, these things are DC voltage devices and can tolerate variance in supply voltage so grab a cheap plug pak, any regulated PS for $18 is not going to be much better.

I think I said in an earlier post I understand the yellow wire is not reqiured (not to hard even for me)
I also said I had a 12v voltage supply from an old modem.
Not really to complicated in my terms,except I killed the fan before I knew this :lol:

And that I did without the aid of my glasses

Batz

Batz,

I've a got a brand new and positively enormous 240V fan here, maybe 4-5" wide, alloy housing, ball bearing runners and everything...but I've also got no use for it.

You want it? If so, PM me your address and I'll send it COD...you pay the postage cost only, I'll wear the rest :beer:

PZ.

I think I said in an earlier post I understand the yellow wire is not reqiured (not to hard even for me)
I also said I had a 12v voltage supply from an old modem.
Not really to complicated in my terms,except I killed the fan before I knew this :lol:

And that I did without the aid of my glasses
Batz

Mean't the replies were becomming too complicated, as you say, it's simple stuff!

But otherwise many places like Dick Smith will have 12v power packs new, just ensure you have enough to run the fan. The fan I'm using is 0.3a (300ma), but they do vary; often a lot smaller than this.

I have one of those Dick Smith power packs that you can dial in 12,9,6, 3 and I think 1.5 V and have found my fan [0.3a] runs best at 9V :) .

I have one of those Dick Smith power packs that you can dial in 12,9,6, 3 and I think 1.5 V and have found my fan [0.3a] runs best at 9V :) .

That's good to know,thanks Bob

Batz

It might be best to keep that puppy out of the freezer as the thermal load of the larger motor will equate to the compressor running for longer/ clocking up bigger power bills. Go the PC fan :)
Cheers
Doug
Batz,

I've a got a brand new and positively enormous 240V fan here, maybe 4-5" wide, alloy housing, ball bearing runners and everything...but I've also got no use for it.

You want it? If so, PM me your address and I'll send it COD...you pay the postage cost only, I'll wear the rest :beer:

PZ.

Latest posts

Back