Will I Get Life For Murder?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWB

Reaction score
:angry:

Ok guys.....your the Jury....I give you the facts.....consider your verdict...

On Saturday afternoon I was enjoying the footy watching the Saints do a job on the Kangeroos.....thats AFL for non footy people...
My Misses was being considerate (for a change ). .asked me if I would like another jug of beer....Well the standard answer is always yes and after some 5 minutes she arrived with a jug of beer with a good foamy head and a glass for herself....My brewey and beer fridge is downstairs and it being close to tea I watched the end of the game celebrated with the last of the jug and did a bit of long overdue paperwork while waiting for tea....

With tea over and a smile on my face when I thought of the footy result I went downstairs to refill the jug and contemplate the science of bubbles in a glass.

I opened the fridge and a cascade of beer poured out the door all over my feet and there was the distinct smell of C02 gas every where...

MY MISSES HAD PUT THE PLUTO GUN ON THE TOP OF THE KEG AFTER SHE POURED THE JUG OF BEER AND LEFT THE HOSE HANGING OVER THE SIDE OF THE KEG....THE RESULT WAS THAT WHEN SHE SHUT THE FRIDGE DOOR.....THE DOOR PUSHED AGAINST THE HOSE AND SQUEEZED THE PLUTO GUN TRIGGER RESULTING IN A FULL KEG OF BEER POURING INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE FRIDGE AND ALL THE CO2 GAS ESCAPING...

Those are the facts gentlemen of the Jury........

I await your verdict.....

:ph34r:
JWB

eeeewww!!, that is not good. I really feel for you. I must say, it's not entirely your partner's fault, afterall you were brought beer!! I know who has to get the beer in my house, and it aint her, therefore most crisis'a are avoided. Your going to have to put an external tap on that fridge, or get a fail-safe tap somehow... it could have happened to anyone... otherwise you will need a good attorney!!!

Look at the bright side, at least it is unlikely it will ever happen again.

ohhhhh boy!!!!!!!

what a mess, what a waste and what a bad feeling if must have been for you finding it and the misses when you "advised" her of the mess she had to clean up

hehe

know the saying dont cry over spilt milk, well i guess its the same for beer.

Oh... who am i kidding cry my friend, a waste of gas, beer, and sticky floors, and if you are now out of beer stock well i think the jury may tend to you side

cheers!

It'd be like what the French call a crime of passion :D

Only one thing to do move TV beside the Fridge so you can keep an eye on both also keep wife upstairs life is good

JWB - this is fantastic news!!!!

Don't do away with her - think of the problems in training another one.

Instead use it to your advantage. The next time you need that *expensive* brewing gadget, just remind her of the mistake. Might even be enough for you to get a couple of taps, a new beer fridge, 4 more kegs, gold-plated cobra ........ (oops - I'm starting to dream again).

Play them at their own game. Concentrate on developing the guilt trip method. Remind her at appropriate moments and use it for all it's worth :p

Trev
(Affirmative Action Co-Ordinator)

well forgive and forget and be nice cause one day your gonna stuff up and you will need her sympathy ect ect plus it a good excuse to make more beer

dont be too harsh.
my work place would say lack of training was the root cause of the incident.

on another note i did my usuall end of session gas/beer line disconnect and awoke the next day to a beer trail coming outa the fridge.one keg under pressure leaking outa the beer outlet line due to a faulty seal.mmmmm not happy.
root cause analyisis= give your keg fittings an overhaul kit now and again.

cheers
big d

i know
it hurts my head doing all these u-beaut 21st century corporate courses even us blue collar workers have to do.
i just wanna be left alone to do my job.
pretty hard when an 80,000 + canadian conglomurate icon grabs ya company as there own and thrusts there identity down ya throat.
oh well thats life under free trade.hahahahahahahahahahahaah etc

cheers
big d

<_< Just an update guys...

I have put her on 2 months probation....and work orders..

(1)..
2 months probation involves fetching me a beer without complaining and making sure I have a fresh glass every time.....and making sure the pluto gun is firmly in is rightfull place

(2)..
NO saying NO 20 minutes before the alarm goes off...
(3)

Work orders mean I wont have to mow the lawn for 2 months or wash the car.

That is the sentence of this court....
A Conviction will be recorded.

Will let you know the outcome when I tell her ....meanwhile...I pour myself another beer and gather more courage..

Cheers

JWB

I think you just sold her the necessity to buy some fridge mount taps :)

If you were to get a couple of fridge mount taps this would never happen again, and think of the power saving not having to open the fridge door, and it won't mess the carpet and ......

Use this oportunity presented to you for an equipment up grade!

Big D. I found myself one leaking liquid out poppit the other day. Same beery problem also. A litre or two of beer in the bottom of my freezer. Sob. Sob. :(

JD

Back