Wild Brews: Culture & Craftsmanship ..belgian Trad

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now read the book cover to cover.
It is a very good read, but the extra knowledge does make it a more daunting task to brew a lambic now knowing the reliance on all the necessary yeast strains and aging requirements.
Anyone else read it ? Thoughts ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Anyone else read it ? Thoughts ?

[post="68142"][/post]​

I haven't got to the actual brewing advice part yet but I don't think there's all that much new information in the history and tasting notes sections, and some of his translations seemed a bit weird (ie. changing between French and Flemish without explanation).
Not that all that stuff matters, if it helps me brew a better lambic/Flemish red I'll be happy.
And all the chemistry and biology in this (and Guinard's Lambic book) make the subjects far more interesting than uni ever did :)

kook said:
I just ordered both from Amazon UK. Supposedly 8-9 day wait to get the new one.
[post="66510"][/post]​

Mine both arrived yesterday. Started reading Farmhouse Ales on the DLR home last night.

Got an email this morning from amazon offering this - so what was the final verdict from those who read it?

I have brew like a monk, but not this or farmhouse ales - Is it worth buying both?

cheers Ross

I bought the 3 books' Brew like Monk',Farhouse Ales' and 'Wild Brews' :) the first two I really liked wild brews was Ok [for me] borrow it if you can, I will lend it to you if you are ever up here, but I will never lend the other two Ross :D there is your answer

Latest posts

Back