Wiki Article Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dane

Reaction score
Please post in this thread if you'd like to see a topic covered in the wiki.

Once there is a need for an article members can create and start adding and editing content on that topic.

Steve, you can add that in the Links section. :D

The art of bottling could be covered. The pros and cons of glass, PET, long necks and stubbies, how to seal champagne bottles, cleaning, storing, capping, priming. There is a bit to cover.

I thought about starting one on identifying beer infections/defects etc. but had trouble finding images of positively identified bacterial evidence. I know there are loads of pictures of funky, chunky-looking wort, but usually they are accompanied by disputes between members about exactly which culprit is to blame. :unsure:

Still, this would be a worthwhile topic, as there doesn't seem to be much out there in that vein...

I thought about starting one on identifying beer infections/defects etc. but had trouble finding images of positively identified bacterial evidence. I know there are loads of pictures of funky, chunky-looking wort, but usually they are accompanied by disputes between members about exactly which culprit is to blame. :unsure:

Still, this would be a worthwhile topic, as there doesn't seem to be much out there in that vein...

A 'know your defects' guide would be handy - tastes, smells ,descriptions that sort of thing

that's a good idea
common problems and how to identify it

A list of kits with their IBU's would be handy...

Cultivating Yeast. This could cover getting it from interesting bought beers, nutrients, how to increase to amount of yeast etc.

What about advise on when to bottle? How to tell when you are ready, hydro readings, time lapse, the look of the surface etc.

Those stout experts out there- perhaps something on tips for making a stout, info on making oatmeal stout, etc etc

A guide to modifiying water chemistry:- What effect adding various salts/chemicals to your water can have on brewing results.

I'm thinking of this right now, because I want to brew a Dortmunder and want to know how to add sulphates to my water!

blackbock,

Make sure you remember that sulphates vary grately dependant on their molecular make up. And in high concentrations can be dangerous to you brew.

On that note I would love to read any info on this topic.

Pok

For those botanists out there- an article on how to look after hop plants would be fantastic :)

Might also be worth having a section of photos of the brewing process for

Kits
Extracts
Partials and
AG's

Just so people can pictorially get their head around the next step up

It'd also be quiet interesting to see exactly what methods / equipment / practices ppl are employing out there in forum land

Cheers

I would like a wiki topic on grain characteristics. An article has alredy been started on grain specs, but I would like to see an exhaustive article on the characteristics of different base malts and specialty grains: flavours, colours, typical style useages, substitutes, any problems such as attenuation or diastatic power or potential to stick a sparge, and just a general commentary on brewers' reactions to different grains.

wiki suggestion (I dont think its been suggested before as a wiki topic)

Thread on best brewing guides/books. Either complied by vote of AHB members or by admin.
Could cover Top 5:
- Overall
- AG
- K&K/extract

and most importantly, where to buy them in Australia.

An article on cooling (incl no-chilling) would be good.

How about something about labels- programs to use, what to print them on, how to stick to bottles etc etc

How about something about labels- programs to use, what to print them on, how to stick to bottles etc etc

What's wrong with the masking tape and felt tip pen? :p

In all seriousness, common graphic art programs are Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

Print on paper with an adhesive backing which you can get from office works or newsagents etc. However they can run when they get wet.

Latest posts

Back