Wiki Article Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the topic is open, why do we have two homebrew abbreviation wiki's ? Surely at least one is redundant, or the two should be merged.

Actually, that's a good point. They both cover the same words- although they aren't identical.

Haha classic, I never even knew they existed!
Have been adding new stuff to the original thread, duh. ROFL

I'm new to wiki's(editing), will look into fixing the embedded links that got stripped.

I guess one is purely for acronyms, and the other for anything...?

Just a thought but how about a basic run down of how to advance your brewing from simple K&K brewing to full extract to partial to full blown ag? With steps on each advancement and a small run down on what you can accomplish and different ingredients you can use in each different form of brewing? Maybe even a run down of the equipment you will need to start brewing each proccess? Like i said just a though but im sure theres room for improvement!!!

I would like a wiki topic on grain characteristics. An article has alredy been started on grain specs, but I would like to see an exhaustive article on the characteristics of different base malts and specialty grains: flavours, colours, typical style useages, substitutes, any problems such as attenuation or diastatic power or potential to stick a sparge, and just a general commentary on brewers' reactions to different grains.

I certainly would like something like this. While I have a general idea on what the different grains add to my beer, there are times when I'm not 100% sure why a recipe has a certain grain in it and not another. Hmm...

Growing your own hops (including)

Soil types
step by step planting process
fertilisers
Garden position
Watering
removing rhizomes
Harvesting and drying flowers.

Growing your own hops (including)

Soil types
step by step planting process
fertilisers
Garden position
removing rhizomes
Harvesting and drying flowers.

I am happy to start this if others will add to it.

Great. I'll contribute in a year or so when I get my first harvest (possibly too late)??

Back