Why Move To Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you find extracts give yo ua better result then just K&K ??

cheers,

I've been purchasing my (beginner) AG set up this last week or so, just unpacked my new NASA burner in fact.

With all the receipts handy, so far I have spent/invested

Mash tun - converted existing esky - $25ish dollars for braid and plumbing bits
60l brew pot $115 plus another $15 for a ball valve and assorted plumbing bits
NASA Burner and HP reg (plus postage) $147.

So about $300 for me to get the stuff I didn't already have lying around.

cheers

Grant

edit made up word

Can anybody tell me why should I move to all grain brewing?
Why not?
Does the beer taste better?
Yes
is it cheaper?
Who cares
and what is involved?
Milling, mashing and boiling.

If its something you need to be talked into or convinced about I'd say dont make the move. But if your interested theres more than enough info on this forum to answer your last question, and thats something you will need to discover and work out for yourself.

Steve

Oh shit yeah - forgot the mill. That's $70 for a Marga - but sub that for a refrac and you have your sub $200.

25kg sacks are easy, I did 1 brew buying pre-crushed grain and didn't bother after that.

Cheers - Mike

If its something you need to be talked into or convinced about I'd say dont make the move

I agree.

No-one's mentioned that one of the biggest 'real' costs of AG is the amount of time that you need to dedicate to putting a batch down. It's fine if you're obsessed (like me and so many others on this forum), but it's a BIG jump from K&K.

If the question you need to ask, then ready you are not. The force is rather weak in this one.

Back