Why I Brew My Own Beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Levet

Reaction score
It is not just the quality I am looking for in a beer, or saving a few $$, there is another reason that I rarely drink in pubs.

Brawls close two pubs, 11 arrested
Wednesday Apr 26 07:10 AEST
Two pubs were closed and 11 people arrested in two separate Anzac Day brawl incidents west of Sydney. Riot squad officers were called in and capsicum spray used to break up the melees, at pubs in Lapstone and Vineyard, police said.
Up to 50 people were involved in the Lapstone brawl, which broke out about 4pm (AEST).Police were forced to close the pub and disperse the 1,500-strong crowd.
One man was charged with affray and offensive behaviour, and another three were ordered to face court on malicious damage and offensive behaviour charges.
Seven men were arrested and charged with offences including affray, assaulting police and resisting arrest in the second brawl, at Vineyard, near Windsor, about 8.30pm (AEST).

Two-up dispute lands man in hospital
Wednesday Apr 26 07:08 AEST
A man was airlifted to hospital with serious spinal injuries after a fight over a two-up game in Sydney's west.
The 41-year-old man became involved in an altercation outside a hotel in St Mary's about 5pm (AEST) on Tuesday, NRMA CareFlight director Ian Badham said.
The man, from Copmanhurst on the NSW north coast, fell to the ground and hit his head outside the hotel following the argument.
He injured his neck and lost feeling below his waist, Mr Badham said. The man was taken to Mount Druitt Hospital by ambulance for initial treatment, then airlifted to Westmead Hospital. He was in a serious but stable condition upon arrival just after 7.30pm

Man to face court over glass attack
Wednesday Apr 26 08:58 AEST

A man will face court on Wednesday after allegedly smashing a glass into the back of another man's head during a fight in Brisbane.
Police said a 34-year-old from Tweed Heads in northern NSW became involved in a fight with a 29-year-old man from Yamanto, south-west of Brisbane, at a Charlotte Street hotel about 11.15pm (AEST) on Tuesday.
Police allege the 34-year-old smashed a beer glass into the back of the man's head.The victim was taken to the Royal Brisbane Hospital with a cut behind his ear but has since been released.The man will face the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday on one count of unlawful wounding.

I hear where you comming from

but if see one more 'sports bar' filled with faux sporting memorabilia I may just need another drink.

lou

After working security in pubs/clubs around the place I know why I avoid pubs.. got some good photos aswell.

Cretins, you should all know that capsicum spray is a great CUB chaser :p

You can see why 2 up is only legal for only 4 hours a year...

If I spill your beer I'll buy you a new one to replace it and say sorry. Some idiots want to fight you to the death!

One of the boys from here got a schooner glass jammed into his face in a pub and ended up having about five runs of plastic surgery to fix him up (and couldn't move one side of his face for months).

Why? Because he said "hi" to someones girlfriend who said "hi" first...some dudes just can't relax I suppose.

Mind you, the attacker ended up needing surgery too...although it seems nobody officially witnessed what security did to him :ph34r: Good to see bouncers do some good for once :rolleyes:

PZ.

Agreed. I also like pubs that brew their own beer.

hmmm... when I read this thread, I realise that Ive bee in jeopardy whilst my last holiday in Downunder?

My wife told me the most dangerous things are the snakes, stingers and sharks out there, thatsway I always recommended to visit a pub, because its safe there, but now I have to learn its the pub itself what is the most dangerous place? :blink:

dont tell it to my wife :rolleyes:

Dont worry Zwickel
Your secret is safe with us, just dont let your wife go snooping around on your computer ;) How long were you out here for, anyway, and did you enjoy yourself? (and just to keep it on thread) did you see any fights in the pubs?
All the best
Trent

Some of the pubs I used to frequent beg the question.

Would rubber pool cues be a good thing? :ph34r:

Warren -

Fingerlickin_B said:
One of the boys from here got a schooner glass jammed into his face in a pub and ended up having about five runs of plastic surgery to fix him up (and couldn't move one side of his face for months).

Why? Because he said "hi" to someones girlfriend who said "hi" first...some dudes just can't relax I suppose.

Mind you, the attacker ended up needing surgery too...although it seems nobody officially witnessed what security did to him :ph34r: Good to see bouncers do some good for once :rolleyes:

PZ.
[post="122989"][/post]​

Yay... Just ask Hooksey's widow about the merit of a bouncer's "rough" justice....

M

You missed one excellent reason for brewing your own.....no savage hangovers from ingesting chemical crap from commercial beer. And I just have to mention not having to pay flaming $8.50 for a pint of Guiness.

tintin said:
You missed one excellent reason for brewing your own.....no savage hangovers from ingesting chemical crap from commercial beer. And I just have to mention not having to pay flaming $8.50 for a pint of Guiness.
[post="123177"][/post]​

thats more like it :excl:

High lighting negative aspects of a subject and honing them into an inflamatory issue (ala A current affair/today tonight) is just a subjective beat up technique to incite ignorant paranoia amongst the unquestioning masses.

Beer is good,pubs are good,home brewing is excellent.

OK my local can have a rough trot, but these guys win!

Heads tossed onto dance floor
Thursday Sep 7 05:51 AEST
Five severed human heads were thrown onto a dance floor overnight in a crowded disco in western Mexico overnight.

Authorities blamed the grisly scene on rival drug gangs.

"At about 1.30am, some 20 hooded men dressed in black stormed into a bar, fired into the air and threw down five heads," Rosaura Trujillo, a spokeswoman for the Michoacan state prosecutor's office, said.

The men also left a card with the message: "The family does not kill for money. It does not kill women. It does not kill innocents. It kills only those who deserve to die. Everyone take note this is divine justice."

According to the local radio station Formato 21, the club, known as "Sol y Sombra," or "Sun and Shade," is a favourite of drug gangs.

Trujillo said that after other recent murders, including decapitations, officials had found references to "the family," but she could not say whether it referred to a specific group or a battle between families.

Michoacan is the scene of a war between rival gangs of drug traffickers that has left some 300 people dead since the beginning of the year.

I actually had a good bit of luck @ my RSL I actually picked heads 5 times in a row low and behold my mere $5 became $10 then $20 then $40 then $80! I wimped out after unfortunately as it came up heads 3 more times b4 it came up as evens, could have had $600!

Still though $80 is never anything to sneeze at.

Latest posts

Back