Why Brewing Is So Good!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh shit yeah!

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Im new to the brewing game, a few months ago a friend introduced me to beer brewing. It has been a passion in my life since that day. Im brewing a belgium half wit at the moment and having a BALL! if any one whats to coment thats cool but just wanted to say that brewing is awesome and im having a great time.

Great avatar name that.

Lots of great info on this site.

I like brewing for many reasons, nothing quite like making great beers from grain and hops in your own kitchen/shed/backyard imo.

My favourite hobby by far!

And welcome to the forums also!

i agree, brewing is awesome, not only do you get a creative outlet, a sense of accomplishment, cool projects to put together(brew rigs, stir plates and so on), praise from all your mates for producing awesome beer, but you get to drink your achievements and get blotto in the process!

:icon_drunk:

and you get to spend more time in the shed!

What I find most self satisfying about homebrewing, is after mowing the lawn etc on a hot day, having a schooner of one of my beers and finding myself completely satisfied with my own beer that I made it myself. :icon_cheers:

What I find most self satisfying about homebrewing, is after mowing the lawn etc on a hot day, having a schooner of one of my beers and finding myself completely satisfied with my own beer that I made it myself. :icon_cheers:

bloody oath.

+100

:icon_cheers:
EK

+2 'cept the lawn mowing bit...

those that drink beer, think beer...

was a quote I read somewhere. Every since I started brewing, I have not stopped thinking about it. Which brew i'll do next, which one after that...my beersmith 'to brew list' folder has enough beer in it for the next two years.

Just love thinking about it and planning it. Then come brew day, oh yeah, duff man loves to brew!

It's also VERY satisfying pouring someone a beer, that you brewed yourself as well as designed yourself, from a keg setup...

Don't have any grass to mow, so can only think it would be something like going to the gym and doing a big work out...

I don't think anyone could say it better than that Chappo, add a + or three for me.

Chappo sums it up perfectly.

And every time we have visitors, they seem very impressed with the products I serve them.
Daughter dear's fiance reckons I should start a micro brewery. Seeing as I'm retired, that's not about to happen any time soon.

+ what that Chappo dude said.... but gosh make mine a PINT!

+1 to that!

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

On the other side of the coin (which I found out) since your use to fantastic flavoured home brew.. when you go out to a pub or for tea its hard to come buy nice tasting beers.. its like going out for tea and thinking "Hmmm i could make this food better"

Im also with Chappo.. go example I put on two DrS Golden Ale for my Bday and told everyone Im putting on two kegs of my home brew.. people were a little suspect of this and brought their own beer.. one taste of the brew and they put their beer away.. lets just say.. both kegs went..

+1 for Chappo

also because when you serve someone a beer you made without telling them and they say" Thats really nice you could make something like that could'nt you" then the real surprise when you tell em its one of yours that they are having LOVE IT

AW

It sits quite neatly between Shagging and Soccer...

...no, not at the same time :rolleyes:

On the other side of the coin (which I found out) since your use to fantastic flavoured home brew.. when you go out to a pub or for tea its hard to come buy nice tasting beers.. its like going out for tea and thinking "Hmmm i could make this food better"

Im also with Chappo.. go example I put on two DrS Golden Ale for my Bday and told everyone Im putting on two kegs of my home brew.. people were a little suspect of this and brought their own beer.. one taste of the brew and they put their beer away.. lets just say.. both kegs went..
Doesn't that happen every time you put beer on.
listening to the bogan rant 'home brew, my uncle used to make this shit' then oh thats pretty good isn't it.

Great provided you are not suffering from an "infection from hell", at which point brewing becomes hell and you can't even look at a beer without getting angry.

Great provided you are not suffering from an "infection from hell", at which point brewing becomes hell and you can't even look at a beer without getting angry.

Buts its all ok now! And it made you a stronger person didnt it? :D

yes having great beer available is good...but for me, I think I actually prefer the interaction you get with other like-minded people. Brewing can, and does, lead to great friendships, often with people you wouldn't normaly meet. The generosity of HBers is also second to none.

Back