Who Drives A 4wd?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kramer

Reaction score
Everyone can have their bikes and fast cars, but my passion is 4WDs.

Owned 5 landcruisers over the years, currently got a stock 100 series :( . It's still pretty good stock but between car and house payments it keeps me broke, so I can't mod it at the moment!

Here is a photo of my old 60 series at landcruiser park, it was pretty cool lifted 4 inches, Mongrel retreads, turbo 2H.

It only lasted 3 hrs after that! I was going up a track and busted the front hub, then going back to camp tore the spring from the chassis and some chassis came out with it!

$750 later to get it home :angry: It is now 4 sale 4 $2000, shame to see it go, it has been through too much!

But I have a sierra to put most of the running gear in so the old 60 will still be with me next time I wreck a 4by.

I can't find anymore pics on this computer will have to get some sent from Bundy to show ppl of my more wicked cruisers!

0036.JPG

Im currently building up a classic Range Rover 76 model.

With a 4.6L V8 and nissan Diffs.
rover.JPG

Benny

Benny if you are looking for parts go to www.outerlimits4x4.com its an awesome forum for help with 4WDs and the parts for sale on there are generally really cheap! Just don't talk too much crap in the general chit chat section u can get flamed pretty bad in there! Not all forums are as easy to chat on as this one!

Edit: fixed link.

Yeh Cheers Kramer I go there quite often.

One of my good mates works for a company called Overkill (the mod 4wds) and he helps me out with alot of my mods.

Nice! :beerbang: Of course I have heard of overkill! isn't that sam? ne ways u should of Adrian Berthelsen, he is mariied to my cousin Rebecca! Thats my claim to fame :beerbang:

Landcruiser Diesel Turbo Auto 100 Series. Towed my 2.8 Tonne caravan around Oz for 17 months. Added 80,000 K to the odo. Big strong thing went every where, The Cape, The Gulf, The Kimberleys, Nullarbour, Elephant and St Mary's Pass in Tassie. All in AC comfort with cruise control and averaged 18.5L to the hundred K towing and 11.1 unhitched. Oh what a feeling, like home brewing.

Who owns a bike?
Who owns a 4WD
Who owns a muslecar
Who owns a lawnmower
etc etc
Who remembers this is a brew forum :angry:

Batz

Batz said:
Who owns a bike?
Who owns a 4WD
Who owns a muslecar
Who owns a lawnmower
etc etc
Who remembers this is a brew forum :angry:

Batz
[post="101287"][/post]​

I own a (push)bike.
I own a muscle car. :p
I own a lawnmower.
Who knows that approximately 92.8% of 4WD in Australia never leave the bitumen (According to the RACQ).

:beer:

farmers and fishers,who really need em ;)
enthusiasts,who love em :)
Rich bastards,for their ego/status :rolleyes:
and rednecks,to compensate their small penises. :p

Yeh well mate you can't really class honda crv's, foresters, et. al. as 4wd's or any more of a menace to pedestrians than Commondoor's.

I drive a jeep and drive it accordingly.

The land Rover is the only proper 4wd for those that are serious.

Throw as much scorn as you wish about Landy's, but the will beat just about anything ( short of a helicopter) when things get serious.

One day Toyota might get it right...!

No 4WD here. The route to Grumpy's is all on-road so I don't really need it.

Hi,
I currently have a '93 Range Rover Vogue SE. Great Truck but expensive to run and maintain. In the past I have had a '74 SWB Landcruiser and an '85 Navarra.

Cheers
BradT

Hey fellas

I got a SWB Nissan Patrol, Jacked up on 35in tyres, whith aprox 4-5in lift, and 350 chev under the bonnet running straight gas.
HE HE HE

Casey

kc_ksom said:
Hey fellas

I got a SWB Nissan Patrol, Jacked up on 35in tyres, whith aprox 4-5in lift, and 350 chev under the bonnet running straight gas.
HE HE HE

Casey
[post="106896"][/post]​

Nice :beerbang: Post some pics of it wheeling!

Latest posts

Back