Who do we support dicatators or terrorists?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
396394_331452216888555_273879369312507_1030425_919825448_n.jpg

There probably somewhere having a drink together and arguing over who committed the most mass genocide.

Bridges said:
Yeah like in Rambo 3 when John Rambo helped those Afghan freedom fighters (Mujahideen AKA The Taliban) against the evil Russians.
Some of the Taliban did happen to Mujahideen, but also alot of the current commanders of the Afghan national army used to be aswell.

So you can't really say that the mujahideen are the Taliban.

Tahoose said:
Some of the Taliban did happen to Mujahideen, but also alot of the current commanders of the Afghan national army used to be aswell.

So you can't really say that the mujahideen are the Taliban.
Bin Laden was CIA trained Mujahideen. We loved him when he was fighting those pesky Russians. Noble freedom fighter. Top bloke. Then the Russians left and he turned into a plain old terrorist.

Likewise Sadam. Great bloke when he was resisting Russian backed Islamist Iran....

And ironically, it was the US and Ruskies working together that help set in motion the UNSC deadline telling Saddam to get out of Kuwait, or we'll get you out.

No more food for oil for you.

Yeah I think I meant to say, not all mujahideen are now Taliban, and they are in fact different groups for a different purpose.

I so find it interesting that we funded a Islamic force, with Israeli weapons to fight Russians.

Mind you all Afghans still celebrate the date that the Russians left. Sort of like an Independence Day. I can't remember the date but it's some time in feb, or maybe late jan.

There's alot of speculation on the bin laden issue that the yanks pretty much had him in 2001 but they basically let him get away.

Poor old Saddam must have been confused throughout the years. Initially Iran was the golden child of the middle east until the Islamic revolution of 1979. Now Saddam was the golden child and stood up for all that was right in the world be battling the evil Iranians and their Russian backers. Until 1991 when he thinks that because he's the golden child he can stretch the friendship and deal with some other problems he doesn't like, and once again he falls out of favour. All the while selling oil and I assume being told in the back corridor that you just keep the oil coming and everything will be ok.

I like to think about the terrorist/ freedom fighter thing another way:
I'm a Broncos fan, so will always back the Broncos (my legitimate government)
I've also lived in Townsville for a long time, so will back the Cowboys(foreign legitimate government)- unless they play the broncos when they become a terrorist organisation.
Anyone then who plays either the Broncos or the Cowboys is a terrorist.
I really hate Manly (evil dictator state) too. So any of those terrorist's I just mentioned become freedom fighters for a just and noble cause when they play the evil Manly........

Cheers,
RB

The Storm are the illegetimate terrorist state.

The Broncos, Titans & Cowboys are a forgein legitimate Governments.

The Worriers....well there just Kiwi's..

And Manly....well the least said about them the better.

And the Rabbitoh's.....well they are the best team.

Now theres some states that should have their alcohol banned. Barely a month ticks over without at least a few members dragged before the courts on assault, drink driving or other drunken misadventures.

Ah, Joel Monaghan, you crazy dog molesting lug..

C'mon Dave....thats a bit harsh

Poir old Joel was having "issues" at the time and the dog tpok advantage of him. He really is a fine & dece.......no..come to think of it....he is just another overpaid dickhead who just happens to play league......

Politics is the game whereby humans meet their nutritional needs by feasting on every others' misery. Bon appetit!!! (Disclaimer: The same usually holds true for business. Basically it's all about how deeply fucked we choose or choose not to be.)

Back