Whitelabs Vault

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes you wonder how they got a 1900s yeast if they've only been banking for 20 years?

What I find strange is that it is a Melbourne Ale yeast but the recipe and advertisement that links to the whitelabs page is Tooths Pale Ale. How about linking to a historic Melbourne beer recipe? Melbourne and Tooths are pretty well mutually exclusive.

I'd be keen to grab some, who does pre-orders locally?

And why can't I google up "bronzed brews" the book they reference?

I've got my name on the list for WLP835 German Lager X.

Patiently waiting as it gets closer to reaching it's target. (Currently next in line with 75 orders till it ships)

Do they ship to Australia, and if so.. Will it survive?

Or need to order via a local reseller?

Tooheys claim they didn't have a recipe for Tooth's Pale Ale for their new recreation (which is nothing like the original afaik)
I reckon they're full of shit and were just rehashing an old name for nostalgia purchases, but there's no shock there, is there?

sp0rk said:
Tooheys claim they didn't have a recipe for Tooth's Pale Ale for their new recreation (which is nothing like the original afaik)
I reckon they're full of shit and were just rehashing an old name for nostalgia purchases, but there's no shock there, is there?
I had a schooner of Tooth's Pale Ale the other day. It was one of the worst things I've ever put in my mouth. It was disgusting. There was nothing positive I could have said about it. First time I've had Tooth's in any way, shape or form but I won't be going back to it.

For those of that "Pressure Ferment" the WLP925 could be a good thing to get a carbonated ready to drink Pilsner in under 2 weeks

Wobbly

sp0rk said:
Releasing any beer at all to protect copyright on the label. No intention there to recreate the original.

I listened to the white brothers on a BN podcast and unless things have changed the Vault yeasts are US shipping only.

Although i reckon if you had a big group of orders they might chuck it in with a stores order. Particularly if it is Aussies wanting the tooths yeast. It might need a few eails or a phone call to white labs and the store.
The LHBS near me is shipping white labs every 2 weeks. So its certainly flying in cold pretty regularly.

EDIT: I'd be in for a few packs of the tooths yeast if we can convince them to send it over.

I've let Cocko @ Full Pint know I'm keen on the MELBOURNE ALE yeast, he said he'll try to chase up something, emails and so forth to be sent, then will set up some sort of EOI list. Anyhoo can I say again I can't see how Melbourne Ale yeast would have been used historically by Tooths, maybe Bribie or another beer historian can help me out.

Back