White Labs Platinum Series Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haro

Reaction score
Hey guys i just my hands on some Bastogne Belgian Ale yeast which is the one seasonal yeasts from white labs.

I'm just wondering if anyone has used it before and what you brewed?

I pretty much only have 4 stabs before the yeast starts to mutate so it would be nice to get it right the first time

Cheers
Haro

Haro haro, this is one of my favourite yeasts. It is the primary strain for orval. It comes out quite malty and clean for a belgian strain, with nice plums and stuff. Ive done good bpas with it particularly cause its so clean. Also biere de garde, tripel, dubbel, etc, about the only styles you wouldnt use it for would be saison and wit. Try something brown and malty and this strain will come into its own. Sante

Haro haro, this is one of my favourite yeasts. It is the primary strain for orval. It comes out quite malty and clean for a belgian strain, with nice plums and stuff. Ive done good bpas with it particularly cause its so clean. Also biere de garde, tripel, dubbel, etc, about the only styles you wouldnt use it for would be saison and wit. Try something brown and malty and this strain will come into its own. Sante

Sounds like a killer yeast.. My LHBS told me to savor it and use it right.. ill look up some recipe's on the database for those styles

thanks heaps neonmate

Latest posts

Back