Whisky Mash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mean to hijacks the thread, but hey, this is a whisky thread on a beer forum and I'm kind of dragging it into a beer context.

I've always wondered about hopped whiskey. A quick google search suggests it's been done, but not a lot. Hopped spirits may well just taste awful, but considering how closely related beer and whisky are, I'm surprised it's not done more!

Has anyone given it a go? Perhaps thought to distil a mediocre batch of beer?

I don't mean to hijacks the thread, but hey, this is a whisky thread on a beer forum and I'm kind of dragging it into a beer context.

I've always wondered about hopped whiskey. A quick google search suggests it's been done, but not a lot. Hopped spirits may well just taste awful, but considering how closely related beer and whisky are, I'm surprised it's not done more!

Has anyone given it a go? Perhaps thought to distil a mediocre batch of beer?

When I was in Auckland last year and stopped into the Hallertau, there were a bunch of homebrewers there and one of them had distilled an IPA. Made a very nice spirit. iirc, he's a member here.

MFS.

I'm keen to try to make a whisky soemtime in the next few montsh so was inetrested in your plans. Did this work out. What malt/s and yeast did you end up useing ?

any feedback appreciated.

Back