Which March Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willhim8

Reaction score
Hi Gents

Just been slowly building my AG setup and looking at fittings and reading about march pumps, and I saw that there are a couple of different onse that can be used (I think).

The 809 seems to be the common one, It has 1/2 inlet and outlet.
The 815 has 3/4 inlet and 1/2 outlet.

I was reading that priming the pumps can be a little tricky and the march pumps do not suck very well. Also it was said that you should have as little restriction on the inlet as possible.

Would a 815 be a better choice?

It would mean more different fittings to buy, or does it not matter with the 809 if you have 1/2 every where?

Anthony

Hi Gents

Just been slowly building my AG setup and looking at fittings and reading about march pumps, and I saw that there are a couple of different onse that can be used (I think).

The 809 seems to be the common one, It has 1/2 inlet and outlet.
The 815 has 3/4 inlet and 1/2 outlet.

I was reading that priming the pumps can be a little tricky and the march pumps do not suck very well. Also it was said that you should have as little restriction on the inlet as possible.

Would a 815 be a better choice?

It would mean more different fittings to buy, or does it not matter with the 809 if you have 1/2 every where?

Anthony

1/2 inch everywhere, flow rate wont be a problem. By keeping your connections standard you will be able to move them around and use your pump for multiple tasks.

Cheers.

Justin.

Thank You very much Justin

FYI I am slowly assembling 2 systems. 1 a basic Herms to get me started. The other will be a varient working towards semi automation. Using a BIAB/RIMS/Malt tube.

Anthony

I've been wondering the same thing.

Is inlet the main difference between them?

I have seen that they use different impellers,I have read that the flow rate is different.

If you reduce the inlet to 1/2" on the 815 is there any major drawback?

I am looking at 2 tier, 1 pump, 3 vessel HERMS.

Latest posts

Back