Which Flow Restrictor?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross,

Will you be getting the ones in the original post back in stock?

Cheers
Will

What about these?

I realise they are set and forget and adjustable only one way... but would they work better than metres of line?

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=2686

Tried them out at the QLD xmas swap a few weeks ago, they work a treat.

In the photo the keg is connected to the gas at around 100 kpa, and as you can see it's a perfect pour for a highly carbed Hefeweizen with virtually no beer line.
I used four of them in the dip tube.
They work so well that now that I have the keg back in the keg fridge with 3m of beer line the beer only trickles out of the tap... Will get more of these and shorten all my lines.

I got mine from Ross, although I think they're not on the website yet, so give him a yell.

mobile_setup_flow_restrictor.jpg

Ross,

Will you be getting the ones in the original post back in stock?

Cheers
Will

Not at this stage. The wholesale price is too high.

cheers Ross

Edit
I got mine from Ross, although I think they're not on the website yet, so give him a yell.

They are on our site :)

These are not flow controllers, just on off valves.

Cheers Ross

Not flow controllers? Ross, I bought my Kegerator setup last week from CB and Matt suggested these as flow controllers so that I didn't need to adjust the beer line length.... Will I have issues trying to use these as flow controllers or do I need something else like those stainless behind tap attachments? I now have three of these (1 set up and another two ready when I get around the putting the lines in).. I haven't tried to set it up as yet as my keg is carbing but was looking to do it this weekend.

Camo

Not flow controllers? Ross, I bought my Kegerator setup last week from CB and Matt suggested these as flow controllers so that I didn't need to adjust the beer line length.... Will I have issues trying to use these as flow controllers or do I need something else like those stainless behind tap attachments? I now have three of these (1 set up and another two ready when I get around the putting the lines in).. I haven't tried to set it up as yet as my keg is carbing but was looking to do it this weekend.

Camo

They might work but I doubt it. There is no need for flow restrictors in a kegerator Give me a call at the shop tomorrow & we'll sort it out

cheers Ross

Use this quickrelease fitting as a gas line shut off or inline with our Beer Filter to control the flow.
from your website Ross...

might be confusing to ppl.. esp if staff tell them yes, it can... besides, any sort of flow 'obstruction' will cause flow control.. just saying.

yes but it doesnt mean it will work. If it did wouldnt opening your tap half way be the best option?? It makes it foam like a bitch and I find it funny watching people pour there first glass and get 1cm of beer and a 10cm of head :p

Edit: or you could do what I done yesterday unplugged the keezer and plug in the air compressor and come home today pour a beer with a 10cm head as it was 18deg lol to my surprise it was still very drinkable (cant of been a aussie clone :p )

Forgive my ignorance but are these flow restrictors put on the beer line (i.e. from keg to the tap) or on the gas line (i.e. co2 to the keg)?

Forgive my ignorance but are these flow restrictors put on the beer line (i.e. from keg to the tap) or on the gas line (i.e. co2 to the keg)?

Beer line. Negates the need to have metres of line coiled up inside your fridge

I meant that they look the same as the ones on the micromatic site
They do also say they're john guest, but i've bought "john guest" stuff online before and it turns out to be cheap chinese knock offs

Back