Where to get weldless FERMENTER valves and fittings?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freek

Reaction score
I have a new stainless vessel I intend to use as a fermenter.

Looking around I cannot find anything marketed as fermenter valves. I have seen plenty that are under the banner of HLT/MT/Kettle. Is it cool to use something like this? I am not really keen to do anything half arsed with it.

I would also appreciate if someone could recommend a storefront that stocks something suitable in the Newcastle area.

Yeah, you could use that. But on a fermentor I'd use a stainless three-piece ball valve.

They are designed to be completely pulled apart for thorough cleaning. You can also do this without removing the valve from the bulkhead fitting by unscrewing the four nuts on the valve (although you might be better off dismantling the whole assembly and giving it all a good clean after every batch).

1-2_inch_npt_3_piece_stainless_steel_ball_valve_angle_one.jpg

Hey Freek,

There are many weldless ball valve fitting on the market and I have to agree with Feldon above, if you are using it on a FV, you should be able to clean it best you can, 3 piece being the best option.

What SS FV are you using? You can also put in a weldless thermowell for very accurate temp control etc.

Main point being, The ability to strip it down and clean it.

Latest posts

Back