Where To Get Ro/distilled Water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly, fill in your location so we can help you pinpoint a location.

Secondly, if you're in QLD or NSW there is a list above.

Cheers

I did - the 3rd post in this thread. I am on the central coast of nsw.
Cheers

So is the PH stabiliser at CB going to do the trick? Granted, it's a proprietary blend, but the PH is at the lower end of "ideal", according to my calcs.

Reason being, my adjusted water required needs 3 different additions - at $7.90 per bag of addition. Given I'm probably only doing this as a once off (for the moment), I don't want to shell out $25 to adjust water for one batch of beer.

Else, I'll stick to my house APA. But brewing a good pilsener is a challenge I would like to take up.

Goomba

My experience with the 5.2 ph stabiliser is that the buffering it provides stops the ph from moving over about 5.8 but doesn't just automatically get the mash into the 5.4-5.6 range you're looking for. My (Ipswich) water needs a fair amount of Ca/Mg added to drop the ph into range, with the palest beers needing a bit of citric acid as well.

I get mine from the science lab of a local school, I know the lab tech there. If u know a teacher or anything, the school science labs usually have a limitless supply of the stuff.

Firstly where are you? I've got RO water from supermarket dispensers. Typically $5 for 19L. Tell us your location and someone will point you in the right direction.

Edit: SE QLD & N NSW they are located here

Hadnt seen a decent water vending machine, so I followed the link and had a talk to the people there, they put me onto a local guy and a couple of days later we have a shiny new Water Vending Machine in the shop.
2 particulate filters, 2 Carbon filters Reverse Osmosis unit and UV sterilised, cant really ask for more than that.
Been looking at getting a Ro-Mo plant for the shop for some time, this made it too easy.
Thanks for posting the link, might be good for a few other HBSs to look at putting one in to.
MHB

Back