Where To Get Cheap Bottles?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hay animal man which dept do you get them from ive been paying to much by the looks of it around 30c and i dropped some finished product back to the baggers

hmmm 30c isnt too bad really. Compared to the HB shops who charge $1 + a bottle. I think this one is at norwood somewhere, its a scouts one.

Dont even bother at a government recycling depot, the only place you'll have a chance at is the sortove fundraising depots such as scouts, lions club, rotary etc. Know what i mean? They are exactly the same as the government/council ones, but they are happier to receive more money for bottles which they paid 5c for if you know what i mean.

Blatant plug

For Adelaideans willing to travel south for a winter taster/schooner/pint, we have new crown seal 330ml bottles available for 10 cents each. They have been used in our bottling machine cleaning process and have previously had a weak caustic solution or oxonia in them, so they will still nead a quick rinse before use (too labour intensive for us to bother with). We've got about three 50 litre garbage bins full of them.
Cheers
Gareth

Hi all, I want to buy some longneck bottles but their must be a cheaper place to buy them homebrew shops. I found a place nearby in Wantirna South melbourne who I'm waiting on an email reply from (Cospak). Has anyone else south east of melbourne found a good place to get longneck bottles in the 650-800ml range for a good price? I'm in the market for around 90 of them, or 84 if they come in groups of 28. Thankyou

G'day Enerjex,
I've been able to collect as many long neck bottles as I can for free. I am thanked when I take them.

I have got freidnly with the local reception center here is Cranbourne. I ask them to keep the bottles from any functions they have on any weekend. When I was there last I'm sure there would have been easy 500+ bottles. Good luck, I'm sure if you calledup some of the venues in the Dandenong's such as Poets Lane, they would be able to save the bottles for you. Hopefully at no charge.

Good Luck, let us know how you go.
Drew

It's also worth your while having a look at freecycle which is a Yahoo based group. There are ones for most cities and towns in Aust. Linky link for the Melbourne one here
In the past week there have been 120 long necks given away in Perth (60 still avail in Kallamunda) so I'm sure that Melb will have good pickings :) .
Cheers
Doug

Latest posts

Back