Where to buy empty aluminum cans from?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymc

Reaction score
I have a mate who's got a fancy crimp style canning machine - works like a reverse can opener.
He's offered for me to use it an this will come in really handy for a 40L batch I'm doing for an outdoor event (kegging not an option as each person has to carry their own beer a considerable distance)

While I have the machine I have no idea where to get the cans from - decent ones - doesn't have to be branded - just plain old silver ones will do - I'll then laser print some stickers onto a waterproof sticker film from staples.

Anyone any Ideas - googling only comes up with commercial suppliers who want to sell you 10,000 cans at a minimum and not a paltry homebrewer who only needs 200 empty cans.

What does he do with the machine small craft breweries pay to have there beer caned so what use is the machine without cans.

What does he do with the machine small craft breweries pay to have there beer caned so what use is the machine without cans.
He's not a brewer, he's a tinkerer/hoarder/collector

Do you have any local breweries you could ask to buy some from? Sometimes they're helpful with homebrewers

I've got a mate who works at coke. It would be cool if you could get a couple of hundred stamped coke cans... you could smuggle them into all sorts of places!
I like that idea, certainly beats cutting the top off an empty coke can and putting your can of illicit alcohol inside.

He's not a brewer, he's a tinkerer/hoarder/collector
u brew it have canning at there brew on premises sites they may sell the cans but are the cans different for different machines.

That exact machine you can get from alibaba for US$198 1 unit
That’s what the Australian retailers do these days, get them from China.

That exact machine you can get from alibaba for US$198 1 unit
That’s what the Australian retailers do these days, get them from China.
I have seen them, there is a good mark up on them on eBay, but the buying of one delivery was the killer $400+ Doesn't rule out a bulk buy but.
I was offered a 60 litre single vessel brewery, from a manufacturer in China, had the same parameters as the Guten but he had put the flexible mixer tap hose on the return pipe, offered me one for $500 + $90 delivery. so I am blowed how they work out delivery costs.

Latest posts

Back