Where Is The Best Place To Get A March Pump?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys I know this is an old thread, but just wondering if this is still the way to go about getting a March pump? still cheapest?

THanks

I'm also interested

I've emailed Karl from Process Pumps and am waiting on a response

I'll post here and let you know what he says

I'm also interested

Add me to the list as well - I have acquired one recently (which I still have to pick up) and I need a second one. Anyone know what the version costs with the stainless housing?

Thanks

Roller

Karl Koce at process pumps has been great for members before. Process Pumps

There is also the site sponsors.

Kleiny

I'm also interested

The response will be interesting :( . I suggest one of the above sponsors. Bulk buy pumps died a death many moons ago.

Heres the quote I got:

Firstly apologies for our tardiness in handling this enquiry, please find below details as requested.

March model 809-PL-HS 240 volt single phase

Price: $275.00 plus GST = $302.50 including GST
Stainless steel mounting bracket if required: $20.00 plus GST = $22.00 including GST
Freight to Perth: $25.00 plus GST = $27.50 including GST

The above price includes for a 3 pin plug which can be plugged straight into a 3 pin outlet.

All the above items are ex stock in Melbourne and can be dispatched within 24 hours or ordering.

If we can assist further please do not hesitate to contact myself.

Kind and Best regards
Greg Moorhouse
Process Pumps Pty. Ltd. Australia

Above sponsor $269.00 +gst

Heres the quote I got:

Firstly apologies for our tardiness in handling this enquiry, please find below details as requested.

March model 809-PL-HS 240 volt single phase

Price: $275.00 plus GST = $302.50 including GST
Stainless steel mounting bracket if required: $20.00 plus GST = $22.00 including GST
Freight to Perth: $25.00 plus GST = $27.50 including GST

The above price includes for a 3 pin plug which can be plugged straight into a 3 pin outlet.

All the above items are ex stock in Melbourne and can be dispatched within 24 hours or ordering.

If we can assist further please do not hesitate to contact myself.

Kind and Best regards
Greg Moorhouse
Process Pumps Pty. Ltd. Australia

Karl emailed me back within the hour with this quote:

Thanks for the email. We try and help out where we can. There’s a few retailers of these pumps now so I’m not sure how competitive we are on price at this time.

For you we can offer the following.

March 809, HS PL Pump
240V/1ph/50Hz
Price: $228.00 + GST ($250.80 inc. GST)

There are also these optional extras:

Stainless Steel Bracket (Fitted)
Price: $18.00 + GST ($19.80 inc. GST)

3-pin Plug (Fitted)
Price: $5.00 + GST ($5.50 inc. GST)

We prefer to send our pumps via courier to avoid having them go missing which Australia Post have done a few times.

Freight: $13.64 + GST ($15.00 inc. GST)

We have plenty of pumps in stock, so there’s no issues there. Hope this helps out somewhat.

Regards,

Karl Koce
TECHNICAL SALES

That all comes out to $291.10 with the mounting, the plug and shipping... pretty good i think
p.s.- thats shipping to Perth

My quote was only in April! They've dropped the price?
After receiving the quote I did tell them that the pump was considerably cheaper elsewhere, so maybe that is part of the reason. I didn't buy it in the end, but might reconsider now.

i got the same quote from karl recently and it was around 240 inc gst, called him and mentioned ahb site and i think that helped get a better deal. said they had heaps in stock too

i got the same quote from karl recently and it was around 240 inc gst, called him and mentioned ahb site and i think that helped get a better deal. said they had heaps in stock too

I mentioned it too, but it wasnt Karl because he was on holiday. He (Greg Moorhouse) basically told me to buy it from the HBS that was offering it cheaper.

yeh at $240 it wasnt the saving i was expecting considering, most hb stores have them for 269 anyways, so i didnt bother buying one from them. better to just get it with my next grain or hop order or something.

also bear in mind that the prices vary based on whether there is an electrical plug attached, and possibly the stainless bracket.

wow, i wonder why the big difference in quoted prices!

I like the look of Batemans quote. all wired w/mounting bracket (CB are out of stock) and ready to go for sub $300! :beerbang:

I just ordered from CB and the advice was (hope he does not mind) buy a couple downpipe circular brackets from bunnings for far cheaper :)

given I need a couple more parts then it was cheaper to get all bundled in together

old thread but I am going to pull the trigger on a couple of March Pumps from Tesco. Anyone looking to buy one I am happy to add one to the order, just pay for your pump and whatever it adds to the postage (if any).

They are $150 cheaper than Process Pumps for 2 of the 815-C.

PM if you would like to get on board.

Latest posts

Back