Where Can I Get A Cooper's Airlock Grommet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsmusic

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently did my first extract brew. The results are fantastic! However, during the fermentation my airlock didn't bubble at all. After the brew was bottled I discovered that the grommet that holds the airlock in place has a hole in it. I'm pretty sure this is the reason why there was no bubbling. I realise this isn't a problem however I'd like to fix it for my next fermentation.

The grommet is from a Coopers Kit. I've tried to contact Coopers however I haven't had a response. Any idea where I could get a replacement grommet?

Cheers,

Chris

From what I remember, you can pick them up pretty much anywhere which sells the coopers homebrew kits such as kmart and big W

Sponge

From what I remember, you can pick them up pretty much anywhere which sells the coopers homebrew kits such as kmart and big W

Sponge

I've had a look in my local Coles (Balaclava) which has most of the Coopers ingredients however I couldn't see them.

Cheers,

Chris

If you can't find a Kmart or Big W with them, go to a DSE or Jaycar and get a cable grommet. Same dog, different fleas...

Or failing that ditch the lid and use glad wrap and the "o" ring from the lid.... works just as well and the C02 still manages to escape somehow.... BTW put a towel under it in that case as i have had some small overflows from that method....
Glad wrap and a rubber band is never going to give you a completely dry ending ;)

They are a standard grommet. Not made by, or even specifically for, Coopers. Hardware shops, car spare parts places or, as schooey has said, electronics shops all have them for about 50c

Or just go to your local HBS and they should have bags of them (if they dont i would be very supprised).

You have to ask for them in my local (crappy) HBS because they're the item that gets pinched the most.

Pinching grommets.... thats low, they are cheap as!
I would like to buy another Coopers Fermenter but i've never seen them sold seperately.

hey why don't u use a rubber bung with a hole in it you can buy them from brewcraft for a couple of bucks i also have a coopers fermenter with the same grommet and have not seen were to buy them from
kind regards
Rodney

Pinching grommets.... thats low, they are cheap as!
I would like to buy another Coopers Fermenter but i've never seen them sold seperately.

Whats special about the coopers fermentor? cant you just use any fermentor of that size?

I recently bought a replacement grommet for my Coopers fermenter from my local home brew shop.

Use any fermenter. If your buying a second one can I suggest a pail, goo for seconddary ferment when you don't want the headspace anymore to minimise air contact.

Back