When recipes are disappointing...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're swaying towards Yorkshire bitters, I highly recommend Wyeast 1469 if you can source it.

Blind Dog said:
If you're swaying towards Yorkshire bitters, I highly recommend Wyeast 1469 if you can source it.
Craftbrewer appears to have some. I wonder what that is if it's West Yorkshire ale based? Oh, apparently Timothy Taylor. Good stuff. I forgot about Timothy Taylor.

RdeVjun said:
Not an easy style to perfect on the first time around, but the 62C step is way too long IMO, no wonder the FG is so low and it's thin, so I'd follow Bribie's advice on mashing too, see if that works for you.
FWIW I'm on TTL variant # forty something and still quite a way off what I originally wanted, probably further than when I started them, but it's been fun and insightful, plus it means that there's usually a keg of Pommy Bitter on at my place.
Absolutely.
Why 62 for 30?
Also consider a yeast change - try 1469, 1187 or 1968 from wyeast.
And drop the wheat.

I think I'm going to have another bash at it this week. Might do an evening brew session. I'm keen to get this one nailed as it's one of my favourite beer styles. Thanks all for your tips, massive help!

Latest posts

Back