When It Goes Pearshaped

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
well.. this one has just been problimatic from the start..

yesterday was 'sposed' to be brew day, got home and discovered that I had forgotten to get any yeast, damn.. no worries, spec grains, I'll do that cold water overnight thingy, couldnt believe how good it smelled in the house this morning just in cold water.. noice..

10am and Im off to the LHBS for DME and yeast, Sorted.. got home and cleaned fermenter, sanitised and put in fridge with 15lt and set STC to 10'c, awesome.

Go inside and sparge, boil, do hop tea etc etc.. Put in bath to cool and then clean up, all good thus far, go out to check temps of fermenter, look inside..

and there is 4 ******* earwigs floating in the fermenter... must have forgot to run a few liters out of the hose to start... eff.. repeat clean, sanitise and put 15lt back in fridge.. missus has to be somewhere in an hour so wont get to pitch till this evening..

effing.. effing.. effing..

<_< note to self... must.. REMEMBER STUFF!!

I'd be tempted to leave em' there if they went through the boil :lol:

Earwig Bitter?

:D Not in the boil mate, was in the fermenter, my usual routine now is to chill 15lt prior to adding the cooled wort, I'd had a litre of starsan in the fermenter and had made it fairly foamy in there so didnt see them right away, wasnt till the foam had setteled that I saw them..

got my yeasies in rehydration atm so am a little happier :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back