Whats Your Favourite Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like Challenger. And styrian Goldings. I'm also a fan of chinook in an apa - piney resin. Love a bit of cascade or centennial. Fond of amarillo. I love EKG in a nice English bitter and have and would use again target and first gold. I have good impressions of Northern brewer as a nice neutral hop. I have a great love for tettnanger in a german lager or alt or similar although I have recently been enjoying spalter and hallertauer. Saaz is a classic. I'm absolutely sold on PoR and cluster in a good aussie ale or lager.

Depends on what I'm brewing really.

**** me Mants, did you leave any out ? ;)

Steam beers like Mountain Goat locally would use cascade I think so totally different flavour.

Hopper.

Correction to this. Mountain Goat's Steam Beer uses Hallertau bittering and Galaxy late, but only a tiny bit.

My mistake!

Hopper

Haven't brewed with many different hops yet but going off the commercial beers I like I think Cascade would have to be my favourite.

Haven't brewed with many different hops yet but going off the commercial beers I like I think Cascade would have to be my favourite.

Williamette...I think I repeated myself

Depends what style of beer, surely...?

Stouts / porter -- green bullet
APA -- simcoe
Lager -- czech saaz

Back